Chapter 3

This week I've been using my room and the women's room as my sanctuary, but once I finished a book I was reading I'd rush downstairs to the library and get a new one. I've haven't left my room or the women's room because I'm afraid I'll run into Maxon and god knows I need that. He's still trying to get me to look at him, and now it's getting easier. 

     I've been reading books about what's in the food we eat and when I'm eating I focus on the food and keep to my thoughts on how Illea's poorest citizens eat the cheapest food they can get and how I could write a song about it. I probably will whenever I get out of here that is. It also helps me not focus of Maxon pulling his ear every two seconds waiting for me to look. 

     My maids keep thinking something's wrong with me. Now that it's been a couple of days since my last bottle of vodka my hands shake more, and I get really hot sometimes in my sleep, because my body was used to the alcohol without it it's painful. I also crave it like crazy, but I figured I should probably stop, so here I am pulling through the pain.

     Dinner earlier was the best dinner I've ever had. I'm not even exaggerating. They served prime rib with a roll and not kidding it was so good. Then they served baked Alaska. I didn't even know what that was until tonight, but I'll never be the same. 

    Currently I'm reading another book on food, and this ones about sugar, and how when big businesses want to make more money they take ten calories off a product and add an incredibly large amount of sugar they call it low fat. I just started reading about how sugar is ten times more addictive than cocaine when I heard a knock at my door. When I open it I see yours truly, Maxon Schreave. Oh boy. 

"Hi." I say not knowing what else to say. When I look at him I see his chocolate brown eyes searching in mine. Now that I can see him up close I want him. I want to kiss him. To hold him. I never realized how much I missed him until now. 

     He leans in so quickly I don't have time to process anything and he kisses me. Slow and passionately. I can't think so I do what any normal person would have done and kissed him back. His lips taste like wine. A good kind of wine. We keep kissing until I pull him into my room more and the door closes behind us. I take him towards my bed and when we're on the bed he pulls away.

"Hi." He says grabbing my cold hand. I laugh. 

"I'm sorry about the advisors you are the only shot before me having another selection and they told me I should at least try to work things out with you before." He says looking around in my eyes. Looking for a mood.he tugs on the hand he's currently holding.

" I miss you America, I know I screwed things up very badly. I regret choosing Kriss and it's not just because she couldn't carry a child. I knew the moment I proposed to Kriss it should've been you I was facing but it wasn't, and I know now how stupid I was not to believe you. So can we at least try to work it out? You don't have to stay forever I won't say we're final or anything but can we go these five months trying to work?" He asks desperately practically pleading me. I knew the moment he walked into my room I would give into anything he had to say. I can't say no to him. I've missed him just as much.

I nod. He smiles and I kiss him. Through the night we talk and talk about what's been going on after the selection and we played cards for a while and then I remember cuddling with him enjoying his body against mine and eventually we fell asleep in each other's arms. 

Oh boy. What are my maids going to say to this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think? 

Is Maxon playing her to get the crown? Will America find out?

Questions or comments? Hit me I'm open I update every Friday starting this week.