Chapter 12

Today's the day. Maxon asked me if he could propose to me in front of the public yesterday. At first I was nervous, but when he said explained how it wasn't going to be a big celebration I said okay because I love Maxon and I already know I want to spend the rest of my life with him. He said we're to go the ball and when he says he needs to make an announcement he'll say it fast, I'll say yes and then we'll kiss. Nothing special, which I guess is good because when he got engaged to kriss it was like a parade, and I wish I was joking. There was food from almost every different country, all different colors, piñata's, and even a little animal petting thingy there was so much I couldn't even explain it if I wanted to.

Right now my maids are getting ready for the ball. The queen and I put it together, which was difficult I must say. Queen Amberly just said yes or no she didn't really help me with a decision she just steered me in the direction she wanted me to go in, it was nice though because when I told Maxon I had to plan the ball he asked her to help, and that was nice because she didn't have to help me.

By the time my maids prep me I look gorgeous in my opinion, but knowing me I've looked the way I've always looked so looking at me now I think I'm stunning. No body knows Maxon's proposing tonight, not even his father. I think he's going to try to impress the king to get him in a good mood. He came back last week and he's been angry ever since.

When the king left last week it was kind of a blesssing because Maxon was almost always free, it was nice for a change.

I hear a knock on my door after my maids leave the room. I'm all ready but, I don't know when to start heading down there. I'm planning on waiting 15 minutes after it starts to enter the ball because I don't want to make a dramatic entrance like in movies.

I open my door and Maxon's standing up straight and tall in a suit. He looks so handsome. I can't  even deny it. He looks me up and, down and smiles.

"You look gorgeous my dear." Maxon says grabbing my hand, and pulling me through the door, letting my plans fly out the window.

As we're walking to the ballroom Maxon stops suddenly and turns around quickly facing me. His face is close to mine and he smiles. 

"I'm so glad after tonight we'll be able to spend the rest of our lives together. I love you so much." he whispers in my ear, nipping my earlobe. I suck in air quickly and exhale. He then kisses me with a spark of unknown passion I can't describe if I tried. I kiss back and he groans as his fingers go into my hair pulling me closer to him. I put my hand on his shoulder to pull him closer to me, but as close as he his it doesn't feel like it's enough. Like we need to be closer.

He pulls away with our foreheads touching. 

"I love you too." I say and then we walk into the ballroom, arm in arm. 

~~~~~~~

Through the night we've walked around to almost all the guests. Were all now settled in the great room about to eat. Maxon said he wanted to said until after dinner to propose, which of course is fine by me because I'm a little nervous even though all I'm going to do is say yes. maids walks around with glasses of champagne. When I get a glass I decide to wait for food until I drink it. But I notice something that makes the glass really shiny.

When I see what it is Maxon shifts out of his seat and onto the floor on one knee. 

"America. I love you so much, which you know but I can't find words besides I love you to express how I feel everytime I'm around you. I love your stubbornness, I love how your face gets red when your mad, how you stand up for what's right even if it's wrong, and I love how much you love me, america this is not a request but a plea, please make me the happiest prince on earth and become my princess." 

I nod crying. I didn't expect this. I love Maxon so much. I get up as he does and I wrap my arms around him. Maxon excuses us for a minute after the clapping stopped and he takes me out of the room for a minute. 

"Maxon." I say but he hushes me with his mouth. I kiss him deeply. Then he pulls back.

"I knew I had to do something special swing were only getting engaged once." Maxon says. 

"I loved it. I love you Maxon. I couldn't care less if you proposed either way I just want you." I say and he sighs.

"I wish we could stay here longer but I don't want them to think we're doing something suspicious, cmon let's go back." Maxon says holding out his hand. I grab it and we head to face reality.

Maxon's Choice RewrittenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara