Chapter 4:

I wake up to a someone right next to me. When I open my eyes I am cuddelig next to Maxon. Then I remember what happened last night, and memories of us laughing and talking. I decided to give him a chance. I don't know if I'm glad or upset. I don't want him to hurt me like I did when he chose kriss. I'm still trying to recover from that, but I don't think I can stay away from him. If my brain was in control last night I would have never kissed him, but my heart told me to beg for him to never leave me. 

     Oh boy what time is it? Oh shoot I have to go to breakfast. My maids could come in any minute. 

"Maxon." I whisper shaking him. He needs to wake up I don't want him to be late I can only imagine how mad his dad would be if he didn't show up to breakfast. He stirs. 

"Maxon you're gonna be late for breakfast." I whisper.

"Mmhmm." I attempt to get up but his arms on my waists hold me in my position next to him.

"I'll tell father we'll skip breakfast in the great room if you agree to go on a date with me today." Maxon says with his eyes closed.

"Won't your father mind." I ask him waiting to see his chocolate eyes open.

"No I'll talk to him. I'll leave you to get ready for our date. I'll be back in an hour." He says getting up and walking to the door. 

"Wait I forgot something." He says turning toward me. He starts walking toward me and he kisses me abruptly. 

"Last night was fun." He says smiling then walking out the door leaving me to my own thoughts.

//////////////////

MAXONS POV

"Father I won't be attending breakfast." I say to father with my back straight and head up with my hands behind my back.

"And what better reason do you have that's supposedly better than eating breakfast with your family?" He asks looking up from his file right at me. Almost waiting for me to give him another fault of mine to not become king.

"I have a date with America Singer." I say. His eyes widen in surprise and almost disbelief.

"Good job boy don't screw this up I'll see you at dinner." He says and waves his hand at me gesturing me out the door. Great I take my leave and head to go get ready. I never thought I could make him happy like he is now. I better keep him like this in order to get the crown.

---------

What do you think? Good? 

Will Maxon take america for granted? Does he love her? Can he love her?