26

Yuu's P.O.V

*tack* *tack* *tack*

Ah finally!

I pushed the door open only to see a vampire in the middle of the room. It's wrists are secured in chains and there is no other light in the room than the one shining on the vampire.

"What the heck?..." I trailed off while I sheathed my blade doing a defensive stance. The vampire is deafeningly silent which made me more alert.

It let out small, short breaths that you could see even at this distance due to it's shoulders heaving up and down, but it let out no sounds at all. It slowly rose up from it's lying position on the ground and slowly knelt on it's knees.

It looked up at me and slowly smiled creepily. It looks like a guy to me so he could be strong and less on the fast side. "Come on what are you waiting for?..." I whispered, agitated.

I gulped and in a blink of an eye the sounds of chains being dragged furiously was heard and he lunged at me, but before he did that, my katana already pierced through him. He screamed in pain and slowly faded into ash.

I let out a relieved sigh and the lights suddenly went on and there were three people infront of me by a desk. Two men and a woman.

"I am Hiragii Kureto, Lieutenant General of the Japanese Imperial Army." The guy in the middle intruduced himself. He is a bulky tall guy with short hair and red eyes. Also his eyebrows are on fleek.

"That was only a test... A test to see if you are a traitor to this army." Kureto says.

Is this because of Mika?

"Before we begin this interview let me see your swordmanship." He says pulling out his sword. "But you cannot activate the curse." He ordered walking towards me.

"Heh no problem." I huffed fully prepared and unsheathed my katana. "C'mon."

"Raimeiki." Electricity sparked from his sword and slowly made it's way down to his feet. Bastard! He said not to activate the curse but what the heel is he doing?!

"Hey! That's not fair you said don't activate-!" I exclaimed at him but was cut off when I fell to the ground with his blade dangerously close to my neck.

"You obey too easily I doubt you are Guren's subordinate. Also, you cannot say things like that in the battlefield. The battlefield is not fair." He remarks and turns his back on me.

I get up from the ground and swung my katana at him, but before the blade could even touch him the woman blocked my attack with her own sword. He looked back at me and chuckled.

"I take that back. You are Guren's subordinate." He shook his head. "Shinya. Test him out." He ordered the silver haired guy sitting on the desk.

"Huh? I don't wanna. Unlike you, I don't pick on weak people that have no match for me." The Shinya guy complained.

"Don't even talk back you're just an adopted son." Kureto remarked not even sparing a glance at him while walking back to the desk with the woman.

"What a pain..." Shinya whined standing up and slowly walking towards me.

"Stop joking with me! Who're you calling weak?!" I wiped off my sweat and glared at him.

"You, of course." He smirked annoyingly.