29

"What is happening to me?..." You whispered to yourself while examining your hands, arms, feet, any part of your body that you could see. You rubbed your temples and sat on the couch beside you, taking a breather.

You just succeeded to shut Yuu's mouth and put him to sleep. As confused as he is, you were even more confused.

"Natsuka you bitch..."

You shook your head and stood up to go the bathroom. You did your night routine so you could just sleep and hopefully tommorrow you could just know what on earth is happening.

~~~~~

"Y/n-san! Good morning! Time to wake up~" You heard someone coo at your ear.

"Buzz off Shinoa." You pushed her off of you.

You heard her giggle and whisper stuff to whoever she's with at the moment.

Your eyes shot open and you quickly sat up knowing they have something in mind.

"Don't even think about it!" You threw a pillow at her and realized Kimizuki was with him. "What on earth were you two planning to do to me?!" You threw another pillow, but this time aimed at Kimizuki.

"Hey chill! I wasn't even gonna do anything to you even if she ordered me to." He exclaimed and threw the pillow back to you.

You dodged the pillow and groaned. Mornings suck.

You got out of bed and walked past the two going straight to the fridge, because mornings suck. You greeted Yoichi who was reading a little something in his hand a good morning and opened the fridge.

There was nothing inside.

Letting out a groan you slammed the door close. Yoichi curiously looked up and let out an embarassed smile and shifted in his chair by the kitchen island.

"I'm sorry Y/N-san... I haven't got out to get food yet." He scratched the back of his neck.

"Shut up Yoichi it's not like it's your fault." You poked his side.

"A-ah! Shinoa-san said I was in charge of the food." He whined.

You stopped poking him. "Really? Did she assign me to anything?"

"I don't know. You should ask her instead."

You nodded and left him in the kitchen to look for Shinoa. "Yo Eggplant!" You yelled at the top of your lungs.

"Hey! Atleast it's not the same color as a damn aquarium!" "There you are."

You entered the room with the dining table and saw her playing a card game with Mitsuba. You sat down next to her and watched, she offered some cards for you to play but you didn't feel like you want to so you refused.

"So Yoichi told me you had assigned some tasks to each one if us. What is mine? Please don't tell me it's house-"

"Housekeeping."

"I'm moving out."

You stood up and went back to Yoichi. He was still sitting in the same spot but the paper he was reading was lying on the table. You curiously stared at it and he seemed to notice.

"It's from... The Major General of the Moon Demon Company. That's a long title." He informs you.

"Shinya-san? What did he say?" You peered over his shoulder

"He wants you to go to your post at (Adress) at exactly 7:00."

Your head whipped to the direction of the clock and it was already 6:30. You cursed under your breath and ran upstairs to freshen up and put on your uniform.

You ran back downstairs and there was Yoichi holding out a piece of bread by the kitchen. "Most important meal of the day. Even though it's just a piece of bread." You heard him mumble qiuetly.

"Thanks Yoichi!" You quickly say after grabbing the bread and let your mouth hold it, running outside the house and to your post.

Shinya's P.O.V

"So you sent her a letter at 6:00 am telling her to be here at 7:00 am?" Guren asked.

I shrugged and sat down on a rock nearby.

"I forgot to send it last night okay?" I defended.

He sighed and sat down beside me.

"That girl is really interesting." He stated.

"Very." I agreed. "I mean she almost killed Kureto yesterday."

Guren abruptly turned his head towards me, really surprised.

"Are you serious?!" He exclaimed.

"Yeah, if Kureto didn't turn around for another second he'd be dead by now. I mean I didn't even see what was going on that clearly. She's so fast! Oh! Also her strikes and swings were no joke either! Like she could decapitate hundreds of vampires in a minute-!" I got cut off with Guren slapping his hand over my mouth.

"Did they promote her?"

"Duh, that's why she's my partner now. Jealous?" I gave him a teasing smile.

"Well what rank is she at now?" He asks ignoring my previous remark.

"Brigadier General." I said nonchalantly.

"And she's still in a fucking elite squad?! Are guys crazy? You could have the decency to give her to me!" By now Guren was fuming and smacking my shoulder.

I rolled my eyes and ignored him.

"Do you even know what series her cursed gear is?"

I raised my eyebrow, interested in the subject.

"Blue Flamed Adonai series."

"You mean the series used by the founders of this company?" I asked, shocked.

"Yeah the one used by Aegis and Abner. They were the one who started the company to kill as much underground monsters possible. Which is what they are good at." He explained.

"What even happened to them?" I wondered.

"They gave up the company and let the Hiragii clan take over. After a decade though, all of this started to happen." He sighed. "They were never heard of again."

"Sounds like a legend don't you think?"

"Well they were living legends."

"How did she even get one of those? They're really rare and hard to own." I frowned at the thought.

"I mean she literally came out of nowhere too. With a cursed gear."

"I heard that kind of cursed gear doesn't have a demon though. It's only fueled by sheer strength and you have to undergo tons of training." I remarked.

"How long did you think she trained using that cursed gear?" Guren asked.

"I don't know I lost count after a while." Said a different voice.

Both me and Guren jumped up from our seats and whipped our bodies towards the girl we were talking about, biting down on a piece of toast.

She glared at Guren and crossed her arms.

"What are you doing here?" She curiously asked Guren.

"Why are you late?" He smirked and I lightly shoved him. He rolled his eyes at me.

"I'm here to guide you and Shinya to where our next mission is. Don't worry your squad will follow soon. We just have to talk about something."