Chapter 5- She's On Her Way

Isabel and her redheaded friend sat on the floor of the room, playing cards. They were passing the time until it was time to leave one room for another, somewhere else. Isabel hoped that if her friend left with her, they could both leave Julie behind with Camille and the rest of the Cathers sisters. One of the boys was still dead, and the twin boys were still missing. Maybe...maybe if the redhead went with her, she'd leave her twin sister behind, and she could finally find the freedom she'd been searching for. Camille would find her easily. They knew where she was, and without the redhead in the way, Camille could easily get the twin back. It was just a matter of time.

"So, when is your boyfriend coming?" the redhead asked, and Isabel looked back at the cards, feeling a slight blush come to her cheeks.

"He's not my boyfriend. I barely know him. All I know is his name and that he's really smart. That's all I really know,"  Isabel answered, and the redhead laughed. Unlike before, this laugh was soft and kind, the exact opposite of when she had burned Isabel. She still had her black gloves on, her red skin showing through the heart hole on the back of the gloves. They were always red from the heat inside her hands. She had disclosed to Isabel that she wished that her hands weren't hot all of the time, but that was the way Isabel wrote her. That's the way she would be.

"Yeah, but you'll get to know him! I bet you two will fall in love faster than anyone can imagine." The redhead dropped all her cards and pretended to swoon, and Isabel decided that if her friend could make fun of her for something she knew would never happen, she could cheat her way out of this card game. Not like her friend would ever notice. She looked through her friend's cards and pulled out the ones that would help her, replacing the ones that wouldn't help. Her friend finally picked her cards back up, not even noticing when her hand wasn't at all the same. Isabel smiled when it was her turn, laying down her hand- a pair of twos and three fives.

"All my cards are gone. I win!" Isabel cried, and her friend looked over her cards, and threw down her hand, crossing her arms.

"How come you always win at Go Fish? How are you so good?" her friend asked, and Isabel shrugged.

"It doesn't matter. Besides, I'm not going to fall in love. I don't know what love is. But ye do. Trust me, ye will find love one day. I have some plans for ye,"  Isabel told her, and her friend's eyes lit up.

"Really? What? Who? Please tell me he's like Camille. While I have fire, tell me he'll have ice so we can cancel each other out," her friend hoped, and Isabel rolled her eyes, knowing that was exactly what she had planned. Isabel looked through the small bag that she had packed, storing everything she had. Some clothes, a hairbrush, her three favorite books, the notebook holding her ideas, and a laptop and charger- which she had hidden. She also had her earbuds, a phone, and an MP3 player in her pocket, three things she had also hidden. Camille, Julie, and Teresa had gotten these things for her, as a way of saying thank you for protecting Julie from the redhead. But, after today, they wouldn't have to worry about her. Today, Isabel was taking the both of them far away from Circia. A better life awaited them outside of the small kingdom. Isabel thought to herself, feeling the tiniest bit of excitement when she realized that she was well on her way.

********************************

Ciara stood at the door of her room, her bag in her hand, waiting for Dr. Spencer Reid to arrive and take her to Quantico. Or, it was just Reid, wasn't it? He had told her to call him that, and she never forgot anything she heard. Ever. She waited, and waited, and waited, but it felt like he would never come. But... he promised! Did he? He never said the words "I promise", but he said he would take her to Quantico. She sighed, and her friend appeared by her side, placing her hand on Ciara's shoulder. She assured Ciara that he would be there, but she began to doubt. She tried to open the door herself, but it was locked. Just like normal. She was just about to give up when she heard a commotion on the other side of the door. She quickly knew what it was. Reid was arguing with Mindy and Russell. He wanted the key to her door, and they wouldn't give it to him. Ciara knew it was a matter of time before he got it.