Chapter 31- The Dangers Of The Color Red

Isabel, in as few words as possible, felt like shit. She knew that she had blacked out due to the pain that had been inflicted upon her, and as soon as she woke up, she had found out that the pain had not left her. She wanted to just crawl into a dark corner and die there, but she knew she couldn't do that. She had to stay strong, but it was really hard to do that at the moment.

*****************

To say it took Ciara a lot longer than their Unsub would have liked to wake up would be an understatement. Then again, it kind of was his fault for actually inducing a seizure, and Ciara knew that he knew that. He was waiting for her when she woke up, and she looked to the side to see that all of the other agents were standing by the glass, either waiting for her to wake up or because the Unsub wanted them to, or maybe a combination of both. She sighed and looked at her shirt sleeves, which each had one burn on them from the taser. She had two on her side, as well, but she really didn't like that shirt, anyway. She looked up at the Unsub, waiting for him to make a move. It was funny, in a dark, demented sort of way. At first, he said that he didn't want to hurt any of them, but one little curse word sent him into a sadistic spiral and she just happened to be at the center of it. He handed her something before leaving the room. She looked down at her hands and found that in them was a tray of food with a glass of water. So he was keeping his promise to keep them hydrated and nourished.

Apparently, that was why he left the room, as well. After shortening the chains of the other agents, he gave each of them a tray of food, as well. Ciara ate quickly but did notice something in the process. The trays for the rest of the agents weren't the trays that had special spaces for each food, but hers was. He purposefully separated all of her food. How the hell did he know that about her? If nothing else, this solidified the thought that he knew someone on the team. He had to. But who? Shortly after everyone had finished, the Unsub came back in, a worrying smile on his face.

"Ciara, I understand if you've had enough. I would have had enough a long time ago, so I commend you for your courage and strength. So now I'm giving you an option. Pick any member of your team that's here to take your spot," he instructed, and she felt her breath catch in her throat. Pick someone else? What he had forced her to endure was bad, but picking someone else to endure the same thing? She looked at the members of her team and thought about which one she could pick. Reid, JJ, and Prentiss were quickly out of the question, which left Morgan and Hotch. Her brain stuck on Hotch, thinking about what he made her go through to catch Foyet. She shook her head, clearing the thought from it. She was better than that. She couldn't let herself sink down to that level. So what did she do? The answer hit her quickly.

"I pick me," she whispered, and the Unsub asked her to repeat herself. "I said, I pick me."

"You can't do-"

"I can. Ye said I can pick any member of my team that is here. I'm a member of my team, and I'm here. I pick me," Ciara said, and the Unsub laughed.

"No, Ciara, don't do that! Don't give yourself up like that. You can pick me, it's okay. I'll gladly take your spot," Reid said, and Ciara shook her head. She wasn't doing that.

"You know, I was told you were wicked smart, but no one told me you were clever, as well. And so selfless. You need to watch that, Ciara Byrne. It's going to bite your ass one day. Or perhaps today. Let's go, I have something exciting for you," he said, before grabbing her arm. Without thinking, she screamed and tried to pull her arm away from the unwanted human contact. She knew she should be able to allow contact since she had a sleeve there so it wasn't skin-on-skin, but she still hated it. He gripped harder and started to drag her to somewhere that she hadn't seen before. There was what looked like a little pool in the center, and as she looked around, she saw that the team couldn't see her. She was truly alone. She was still resisting the unwanted contact, which was sending her senses into high-alert anyway, but when she saw what was in the pool, she began to freak out. "I've heard that you hate red liquids."