Chapter 33- Shopping For An Emo 101

Isabel looked around the room she had suddenly found herself in. Just a few minutes ago, she had been in the hotel room, trying desperately to sleep. She had eventually put on her headphones to let the music lull her to sleep, and it did for a few minutes until she was woken up by a very familiar laugh. She woke up immediately and looked around desperately for the source of the laugh. Where was he? She tried to move her arms and legs but found that she was unable to. They were all tied to the chair she was in, and her headphones were still on her head, but no music played through them. Finally, the man that had laughed stepped into the light and took the headphones off of her head.

"Well, hello there, Isabel. Long time no see, eh?" he asked, and she stayed silent. "So, a little birdie tells me that you don't like lightning very much. Is that true?" Again, she remained silent. She thought that maybe if she ignored him, he would just go away and leave her alone. But he didn't. Now, she knew this man. She had run into him before, but not with her new team. She knew this man when she was still in Circia, and she couldn't believe that he had followed her. He laughed again, clapped his hands, and when he pulled his hands apart, lightning bounced and flickered in between them. Isabel's eyes went wide, and he knew at that moment that he had her scared.

"Please, ye don't need to do this. What more do ye want from me? What do ye want that ye haven't already taken from me?" she asked, and he smirked.

"Well, that answer is simple. What do I want?" he repeated, before stepping closer to her, the lightning on his palms dangerously close to her skin. She could feel the heat and electricity surging through the air, dancing on his skin, begging for her skin to join the dance. As his hands neared her body, he finally answered. "I want to hear you scream."

**********************

Reid immediately went to his laptop to search for nearby record stores. He had Ciara's list in hand, but he wasn't exactly sure what to do with it. He quickly pulled up the search engine and decided that the best way to go was just to search for record stores in Columbus, Ohio. That generated several good results, so he just clicked on the first one and read through the list and descriptions of the nearby record stores, and finally, after scrolling to nearly the bottom, he found what he was looking for. There was a record store not even a ten-minute walk from where he was, and according to the description, they had nearly every kind of genre in multiple media. He wasn't quite sure what that meant, but he assumed it meant something along the lines of that they didn't have just CDs, but maybe they had vinyls as well. He put his phone in his pocket, grabbed everything he might need, including his coat, and started the walk to the record store.

As he walked, he sincerely hoped that there would be a person there willing to help him, because he really wasn't sure what he was doing. He looked down at his list, and shrugged, deciding that he would just look for CDs by those bands and just look around at the related ones nearby and try to pick one he thought she would like. Not that he really had any clue what she liked. He had a list, but that list told him absolutely nothing. None of the words on that page really meant anything to him. Before she had mentioned them, he hadn't heard of any of the bands or CDs on the list. He sighed, the voice in his head deciding to speak up.

You are absolutely hopeless, you know that, right? Didn't he know it. He had no clue what he was doing, but just like everything else he did, he was going to give it his best effort. And if nothing else, this would be a learning experience for him. He could learn and next time he attempted something like this, he would be better at knowing what she liked and wanted. Finally, he saw the record store come into sight, and in another couple minutes, he was walking into the store. Even if he had no clue what he was doing, he was at least out of the cold. He looked around at the many shelves of CDs and vinyls, and he was immediately overwhelmed with the sheer amount of stuff in there. He would definitely need help because otherwise, he would be searching forever. He looked at the overhead signs, listing the genre of music that section was devoted to. He saw several different ones that might be appropriate to look at, mainly the signs directing him to the rock, metal, punk, and alternative sections. He also saw a rap section and looked down at his list, barely remembering that Eminem was a rapper. It was official. He was screwed.