Chapter 35- Miraculous

Isabel had no clue where she was. She was surrounded by trees, completely alone. She could hear a voice, but making out who it belonged to or what it was saying was pretty damn near impossible. She heard a twig snap somewhere, and although her investigative nature told her to go check it out, her horror movie training told her that going near the weird sound was almost always a bad idea. Better to be curious and alive than satisfied and dead. She started walking in the opposite direction, still not knowing where she was going, but knowing that she had to find her way out of these trees somehow. But the question was, how? All the trees looked similar, and there wasn't anything to tell her that she was going the right or wrong way. Even if she marked the trees, she was sure it wouldn't help her any.

She stopped under a tree with a particularly thick trunk, knowing she needed to think. As she stopped, she heard the voice, but this time, it was clearer. She knew who it was this time and what it was saying. She smiled, knowing the voice belonged to someone that, even though she hadn't met him, she knew was friendly. Someone that wouldn't hurt her. She went towards the voice until it suddenly stopped, and she felt someone grab her from behind. The person whispered in her ear to not struggle, and once she heard the voice, she froze. But only for a second. Then she did the opposite of what he told her. She fought as hard as she could to get away, until he growled and pinned her to the tree, his hands going around her throat.

"I've had enough of you being so damn difficult. If you won't just listen and do what I say, I'll find someone who will. And the best part? No one will find your body in these trees," he said, before he started squeezing her throat. She tried to grab his hands and pull them off, but he was much stronger than she was. Before she knew it, her spirit and body were separating, and she saw the man whose voice she had been following. He was leaning against what Isabel recognized as a taxi cab, and a plain one, at that. He smiled when he saw that her spirit had detached from her body, and he opened the door for her to climb inside. She faltered, looking at the other man laying her body gently on the ground, before kicking leaves and foliage over it to cover it up.

"Don't be afraid, Isabel."

"Where will it take me?" she asked, and he smiled.

"Home."

**********************************

Ciara had just settled in to start working on paperwork when JJ came into the bullpen, announcing that everyone needed to grab their go-bags and get on the jet quickly, where they would be briefed. Morgan asked what was going on, and JJ said the two words that got everyone's ass in gear: child abduction. They all knew that the chance of survival for abducted children dropped significantly after the first twenty-four hours: that was law enforcement 101. Ciara asked how many hours had already gone by, but JJ didn't answer, telling everyone that something was definitely up. Ciara grabbed her bag and walked beside Akilah, who smiled over at Ciara.

Ciara knew that she was happy that Ciara was back to normal (more or less) after not talking unless necessary and not interacting at all after they had been taken and she had been thrown into that pool of red water. She still had nightmares about it and what it meant for her, but the CD Reid had gotten her, twenty one pilots, had helped her tremendously. From letting her know that she wasn't alone in her dark thoughts, to providing her comfort after a nightmare, to giving her hope that one day she'll win the fight against her mind, it had returned her mind to the state it was in before the abduction. Well, more or less anyway.

Ciara knew that Reid had also noticed the difference, and he was proud of himself for getting something that helped her so much. Garcia was still angry at both Ciara and Reid for not telling her about the day at the music store and for letting her believe that she was the first one to get Ciara to smile, but neither Ciara or Reid really cared. It was entertaining for the both of them, and Ciara knew that Garcia couldn't stay mad at them for very long. One day was incredibly impressive. A new record, if the BAU was being completely honest.