A Little Stocking Stuffer

Hello! I hope things are going well for everyone as this dreadful year is finally coming to an end. But the closer we get to 2021, the closer we get to the release of the Psychosis sequel! I don't have an official release date yet, but once I do, I'll be putting it out on my profile, so be on the lookout for that. So I guess this is when I give you an update on how that's coming along, huh?

Well, I've officially started working on the outline! I've been rewatching Criminal Minds and reading up on all the lore so that I can place the outline exactly where I need it to be and remind myself of any important events that I should include in the outline. I actually asked my mother for Criminal Minds on DVD so I can really get into my research. But yeah, I'm getting all the events lined up, choosing some nice filler, and wrapping it all together. Once that's done, the sequel release will just be a hop, skip, and a swim away!

But that's not all I'd like to give you today. In the spirit of the holidays (be it Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hannukah, or whatever it is you celebrate!), I'm finally making good on a promise I made when I finished Psychosis. I promised a little something from the sequel, "a little something to get you hyped", I think that's what I said. And now I'm here to deliver. I let y'all vote on what you wanted to see, and while there weren't many votes, they all seemed pretty unanimous. Y'all voted for an excerpt, and that's your little stocking stuffer!

Without further ado, your official Pychosis sequel excerpt!

Enjoy!

Reid looked at the woman sitting across from him, studying her behavior. Her hands were gripped tightly around her mug, possibly trying to keep them from shaking. Despite her obvious attempts to keep it under control, her leg was quickly bouncing, telling Reid that she was extremely nervous. But what did she have to be nervous about? She had contacted him, asking if they could meet privately. She had some evidence for him, she had said. "Sensitive information", that's what she had called it when he asked why she couldn't just bring it to headquarters. She took a deep breath, averting her gaze to the window, before dropping it back to the contents of her mug, looking anywhere but at him.

Now why does that seem so familiar? he thought to himself dryly. Oh, right, that's exactly the sort of thing Ciara would have done.

He missed her. He missed everything about her, from the beautiful Irish lilt in her voice to the way her hair looked when it was down to those little partial-smiles she would give out. He missed her intelligence and her creativity and the hours-long tangents she would go on sometimes when talking about her books. He even missed her stubbornness and privateness sometimes. He didn't necessarily miss chasing her, but he missed those small, sweet moments where he would finally catch up to her before she took off again and God, he fucking missed her.

And that was precisely why he was getting a little impatient. He just wanted the woman to give him the evidence she had so he could go back to Quantico. He wanted to take the puzzle piece she had and see if it would be the piece that finally let him solve the puzzle of Ciara's disappearance. He wanted to see if this was finally what was going to allow him to find her.

"Dr. Reid, I really should thank you for agreeing to meet me here," the woman finally said, taking one hand from her mug and subconsciously smoothing some of her blonde hair down. Not that she needed to, but he assumed it was more of a self-comforting thing than anything else. "Not many would have."

"Agreed to meet you at your home, or agreed to meet you at all?" Reid asked, and she shrugged.

"Both, I guess," she said, before sighing. "I hope you understand why. This is... hard to talk about. I wouldn't have been able to do it in public. Even an interrogation room or an office at Quantico might have been... well, you get the picture. My own home is probably the only place I feel relaxed enough to talk about it."