Chapter 47- The Windows To The Soul

Isabel looked over the pile of explosives. Some of them were small, only meant to make noise and distract whoever was at the receiving end of them. Some of them were meant to make a bigger boom, and would probably be used for their escape. She smiled and rubbed her hands together. Oh yes, they would make a big boom. And it would be spectacular to behold. But she had to be patient. Those explosives had to be saved until the end. She only hoped that she could watch them go off.

"Getting ready for another secret mission, are you, Isabel?" Isabel groaned and turned to see the man leaning against a wall, a wicked smile on his face.

"Get out of here, George. I don't want to talk to ye," Isabel said to the man. It wasn't the first time she had seen someone who was supposed to be dead. But this one, by far, was the most perseverant, and never seemed to give up trying to annoy the shit out of Isabel. Maybe because she had attempted to take him down, but he had slipped right out of her fingers like a damn eel. And now he was making her pay for it by tormenting her from beyond the grave.

"Aw, now, Isabel, that isn't very nice, is it?"

"And what do ye know about being nice, Foyet?" Isabel asked, and he raised an eyebrow in amusement.

"I suppose that's true. But you don't know very much about being nice either, do you?" he asked.

"More than ye. Seriously, why don't ye just get out of here? I have a mission to prepare for," Isabel said, and for a moment, things were quiet, and she wondered if he had actually left. But one look behind her shoulder proved that no, he hadn't left, he was just thinking. "Well? Get on with it, then! Say whatever it is that ye need to say. I don't have all day."

"No, you don't. And I don't have very long, either, so I guess I should just get right down to the point, shouldn't I? You've been making sure no one sees your eyes, right?"

"What does it matter to ye? It's not like ye actually care about my well-being. Ye just want to torture me as much as you can," Isabel responded, and George laughed.

"Well, that much may be true. But I'm curious. So, have you?"

"If it'll get ye to shut up... then yes, I have," Isabel answered, and George nodded.

"Good. Remember, the eyes are the windows to the soul. We wouldn't want your teammates seeing the evil filling your soul before it has a chance to rise to the surface, now would we?"

**************

"Now, this is a holiday I've celebrated before. And let me say, I really enjoy it," Akilah said as they drove to Rossi's house.

"Speak for yerself," Ciara responded, looking out the car window, stewing in her annoyance.

"What? You have something against celebrating the Fourth of July?" Akilah said, and Ciara shrugged.

"Let's just say, bright flashing lights and loud noises don't really do it for me," Ciara answered.

"Oh. Right. Is that why you always stayed home when I went to Fourth of July parties?" Akilah wondered, and Ciara nodded.

"Yep. I'd just sit in my room, away from bright flashing lights and put my noise-canceling headphones on to block out the noise of all the fireworks going off," Ciara explained, and Akilah nodded. Ciara really hadn't wanted to come with, but when she heard that all of the BAU, and even more importantly, Jack and Henry, were gonna be there, she had agreed. To protect herself from sensory overload, she brought her noise-canceling headphones and even a pair of sunglasses.