Chapter 23- Bleeding Walls, Part Two

She began to cry, and she knew that before long, she would start to scream.

"Ciara!"

"Fer-los aturar! Si us plau, t'ho prego! Fer-los aturar! [Make them stop! Please, I beg you! Make them stop!]" Ciara knew that no one could probably understand her, but she couldn't help it. When she was scared or in pain, she started to speak in other languages without her being able to control it. Today's lucky winner was Catalan.

"Ciara, please, stop!" Did they not know that she couldn't help it? She couldn't always control what she saw? Normally, she could control her psychosis pretty well, but there were times when it spiraled out of control, and this was one of those times. Did they not care what it was doing to her? How much this terrified her? She knew she was probably scaring some of the police officers that didn't know about her, but what about her? What about the fear she was feeling? She was the one seeing all of this. She wasn't beating it on her own. Not this time.

Someone had to help her, but everyone had fallen apart. They were gone, floating amongst the blood. They couldn't help her. She fell to her knees, the blood splashing up and coating her face. She placed her hands over her ears, and with tears streaming down her face uncontrollably, she began to scream. Any other noise in her head ceased, and she knew why. Her team had heard her scream in anger, and they had heard her scream when she was stressed out and needed to let it out. They had never heard her scream in terror. Only Akilah had heard that.

"Ciara, listen to me, it's all in your mind. Everything is in your mind. You can beat it, I know you can." Reid's voice came out clear, and Ciara opened her eyes slightly, still seeing blood and body parts, but she saw something else, too. She saw that Reid was completely intact. While everyone else had been dismembered and taken apart, Reid remained in one piece. How was he okay? "Ciara, tell me what you are seeing."

"Blood, so much blood."

"Where is the blood coming from?"

"The walls. The walls are bleeding, and it's dripping from the lights. And... and y'all... y'all.." Ciara drifted off, not able to say the last part.

"What, Ciara? What else is happening?"

"Y'all are falling apart! Like an invisible person is taking an invisible weapon and chopping everyone to bits... except for ye, Reid. Ye're remaining in one piece," Ciara admitted. "Reid, I'm so scared. So, so scared."

"Okay, Ciara, okay. It's all in your mind, okay? You can beat it. Close your eyes, and focus on my voice. I'll get you through. Do you trust me?" Reid asked, and Ciara had to admit, she didn't know the answer to that question. "Do you trust me?"

"Don't... don't ask that... please, don't ask that..."

"Okay. I won't. Just listen. There is no blood, and we are all completely fine. Every one of us is in one piece. Your mind is playing tricks on you, do you understand?"

"Yes, I understand. There is no blood, and everyone is in one piece," Ciara repeated the last phrase to herself, hoping that would make everything go away. After a few minutes, she felt calm, and opened her eyes, hoping the blood would be gone. But it wasn't. Her fear ran back into her as she saw that blood was still there, and it was up to her chest now, the body parts more abundant. There were two heads that didn't belong to any of her teammates or any of the police officers. Those heads were what broke her. Ciara was still by the wall, and she curled into a ball, put her face into her knees, and started to sob from the fear. "It's not going away! It won't go away! Oh, God, please make it stop..."

**************************

"Ciara!" Reid watched as Ciara curled up against the wall and broke down sobbing. He looked at the rest of the team, not knowing what to do. He had tried everything that Akilah had told him to do if this happened, but it wasn't working. What else could he do? Watching Ciara, he felt a pain in his chest, as it was bringing him back to when he was a child, when he had to watch his mother go through the same thing.