Tape 7

We used to be friends, not best friends just friends. That was until we had that stupid school dance. Welcome to your tape Zendaya.

••••

Jade. Is. Dead. I'm sad about it because we used to be friends, that was until that school dance. I couldn't help it I was drunk, because some kid snuck in alcohol. Our teachers didn't stay inside with us, they were only outside because I guess they thought we were mature enough. Anyways what I did was wrong I don't remember how it all went down, but I'm sure this box of tapes in front of me will say what I did that night.

••••

*One month before Jade's death*

"Yo, hey girl, wanna go to the mall tonight?" I asked Jade while walking up to her.

"Yeah sure." She said.

"Ok, meet me by my car once the bell rings and we will go," I said back.

"Ok." She said adding a smile.

•••••

A week after that we went to go see a movie together. We had fun, we also had a sleepover, and stayed up all night. And did what most teenagers do at sleepovers.

After that sleepover, Jade started hanging out with Jed and Perrie more and more and left me in the dust.

It hurt, I thought that I did something wrong. The only times we spoke was in the hallways to say "hey" or "how are you" and sometimes even "we need to get together sometime and do something again", but those plans were never made. We eventually stopped doing that and just smiled when we passed each other in the hallways.

One week before Jade's death we stopped doing that. It was like we didn't know each other anymore. Almost as if we were close as strangers.

I miss her I really do, I just wish our friendship had never ended. Sometimes I blame Jed and Perrie for moving their way into our friendship and then at times I blame myself for letting them do it. Either way, I still wish we were friends.

We used to be friends, not best friends just friends. That was until we had that stupid school dance. Welcome to your tape Zendaya.

Wait we weren't best friends? I thought we were I guess I was wrong.

We used to do everything together, but I still didn't consider us being best friends. I mean best friends tell each other our deepest secrets. We never really did that. Sorry to break it to you if you thought we were best friends.

Ouch that last part hurt. She didn't have to sound rude when she said it.

Like I said we did everything together, like we went shopping, went to the movies, had sleepovers. You know, what basic girl teenagers do together. But we soon drifted apart. At the time yes I was dating Jed, but I wasn't madly in love with him so I wasn't overly clingy with him. Jed and I didn't hang out all the time, but then I started to fall for him more and more and then boom I was in love. So you and I stopped doing stuff together. And then it was just Jed and me then Perrie got used to seeing him around so she started hanging with us again. But you didn't do that, were you scared? I don't know, but we would've loved to have you to hang with us. I'm sorry if it looked like he stole your place, but honestly, he didn't.

If only I tried to talk to her and go up to her first and asked her to hang out then maybe she would still be here and what happened at the dance wouldn't have happened.