Tape 13

And finally, we are on the last tape. Did you all have fun hearing about what you did to me, to send me over the edge? Well, it's almost over.
Now I'll give the person on this tape a little credit because SHE actually knew about my problems and actually tried to help...welcome to your tape Jesy Nelson.

*2 weeks before Jade's death*

I walk into the school ready to tell Jade that I'm moving to the United States. I just need to find her before I lose my confidence to tell her.

Hey, Jade, where r u? I need to talk to you.

I pressed send and the message was delivered.
After a minute or so she replied with 'at my locker'

"Hey, Jade, I need to tell you something really important."

"Ok, shoot." She said back.

"Um ok well this is really hard to say, but I'm moving..." I paused for a moment to see her face drop. "...to California."

I tear rolled down her cheek. "B-but-"

"I know it will be hard, and we can keep in touch. You still have Pez though." I said trying to lighten the mood.

"Yeah, but she doesn't know me as you do. Yes, I tell her everything, but you know more about me. I-i just d-don't wa-want to lose y-yo-you." She said to me stuttering.

"Aw, it will be fine, love, I'll always be here in your heart."

"Well, when are you leaving?" Jade asked me while she was looking down.

"Uh, Friday."

"Wait, so we only have today, and tomorrow left together? Why didn't you tell me this sooner?" Now she was getting mad.

"I'm sorry, I just didn't know how to tell you."

"Yeah, ok, I got to go, I guess I'll see you later or something." She said before slamming her locker door in my face and running off.

"Jade wait!" I called after her, but she was already down the other hallway, and that was the last time I have seen or talked to her.

*back to present time*

I've been thinking about Jade lately. I've tried to FaceTime and text her, but she didn't answer or reply back. I'm really worried about her. I hope she's ok...

••••

Hey Jesy, it's Perrie Edwards, I have something to tell you. It's about Jade...

My phone went off on the couch, so being a normal person I checked it. It is from Perrie.

Oh, hey Perrie, what's up? What is it?

I sent her a message back right away because Jade was my friend for a while, and I wanted to know what was wrong.

Um Idk how to say this, but Jade committed suicide...

I could already feel the tears burning in my eyes.

But, no, this can't be happening. How? When?

This time it was Perrie who replied back fast.

A week after you left. She took some old pills and cut herself pretty deep, and bled to death.

I read the message but didn't reply. I didn't know how to.

Didn't you get tapes?

Well, now I'm confused. I have no idea what the heck she's talking about.