20: Dinner With Friends

I make Hazel eat dinner a bit earlier than usual and then leave her to play in her bedroom while I get ready. Daniel called in the afternoon to tell me that some of his friends were meeting for dinner, so I was to join him.

I stand in front of my closet trying to decide what to wear. In the end I decide on a navy blue, knee length dress. After taking a quick shower, I change into it and then quickly do my make-up. I curl my hair at the tips with the ironing rod and then put on my heels. I grab a purse and shove in my phone and credit card.

Then I go check on Hazel. She's watching Secret life of pets in her room with Vanessa asleep near her feet.

"Bunny, I'm going to meet daddy for dinner. If you need anything, ask one of the helpers, okay? One of them will be in the kitchen." I tell her, kneeling in front of her.

She nods her head in reply and then gives me a quick hug before returning to the movie. I call Daniel to ask where to meet him.

"Can you drive over to my office and pick me up?" He asks.

"Okay. I'm on my way."

I say goodbye to Hazel, check on the staff once again, then get into the car the driver brought out from the garage and drive to Daniel's office. When I get there I call him and he comes out in a few minutes.

"Are you okay about driving? I have to email this presentation to Jeremy for tomorrow's meeting." He asks.

"Sure go ahead." I tell him, driving to our destination.

I stop the car outside the entrance and Daniel is out of the car before I even stop it. He comes over to my side and opens my door for me.

"Such a gentleman." I comment, giggling.

"Well, what can I say?" He says, making a big show of fixing his shirt.

Smiling, I follow him into the restaurant where we're lead over to a yet empty table since we're ten minutes early.

"Who's coming?" I ask while we wait for the other's to arrive.

He rattles off a few names. Thankfully I know all of them and their wives so I won't have to sit in awkward silence.

After a few minutes the first couple arrives and we stand up to meet them. After a while everyone is here and we order our food. It's as delicious as it is expensive. The rest of dinner passes by without many incidents except one of the guys spilling his beer onto the floor.

While we wait for the valet to bring the car to the entrance, Daniel takes my hand and swings it.

"What?" I ask.

"You look beautiful." He replies, making my heart melt.

"Thank you." I smile as he gives me a quick kiss.

Not proud of the last three chapters but they'll get better from now on, I hope :(

-