Sick kids - larry (LP + NH)

'Come on Niall we're going to be late!'

'Is that such a bad thing dad I mean it's just school.'

'Niall your education is important so hurry up I expect you downstairs in 5 minutes!'

This is how my mornings usually started, Louis having an argument with our 15 year old about the importance of school. While Louis was having his daily weekday argument with our eldest I went into my youngest's room who was a lot easier to get up.

'Morning Li Li time to wake up you have school today.'

I said as I opened his curtains. Liam was only 6 and absolutely loved school if he had his way I think he would attend on a weekend, which is why I had a bit of a shock this morning.

'No papa I want to sleep'

'What's wrong baby you love school?' I said as I sat down on his bed a bit confused on why he wasn't jumping out of bed.

'Feel icky papa.' He said quietly and closed his eyes.

'What feels icky Li?'

'Everything papa!' And with that he started to cry.

I picked him up out of bed and brought him to sit on my lap and cuddled him while whispering encouraging words to him to get him to calm down. I gently placed my hand on his forehead and could feel the heat radiating from him so I had no doubts that he was indeed sick.

'Lets go find daddy baby he will know what to do.' I gently lifted him up and he clung to me like a koala bear still sniffling quietly, while I headed to the kitchen to find Louis.

***
I found Louis putting toast in the toaster while drinking a cup of tea Niall still nowhere to be seen, not that that surprised me he normally leaves it so last minute he will run down the stairs grab a piece of toast and run for the bus.

As soon as Louis heard me he turned around and smiled but that smile soon dropped as soon as he saw Li clinging to me tightly still dressed in his PJs.

'Li what's the matter love?'

Liam poked his head out from its hiding place in the crook of my neck and made grabby hands for Lou as soon as he saw his daddy.

'Daddy' he whined and Louis instantly took him from my hold.

'What's the matter baby?' Lou asked as he bounced Li up and down gently to try and calm him down.

'Icky daddy' he sobbed out and Louis held onto him tighter while feeling his forehead with one hand.

'Aw baby what feels icky?'

'Everything daddy'

'Alright baby, Haz can you go check on Ni and make sure he is moving and ring Li in sick and tell him he won't be attending school?'

'Sure love are you staying home with him or do you want me to?'

'Who do you want to stay home with you Li?'

He just snuggled into Lou more and slowly pointed his finger at Louis' chest.

'I'm guessing that means me so can you phone me in as well.'

'Sure babe.'

***
I walked back upstairs to make sure Niall was actually moving which to my surprise he actually was and nearly ready. This must be some kind of record.