Adoption day sickness - Lirry (LT)

Me and Harry had been in a relationship since we were in year 10 and we recently got married.

I have also wanted children but Harry has always been a bit hesitant as he is worried he will be a bad father figure.

It was my birthday tomorrow and Harry had been very secretive on the gift he has got me this year. I have tried searching every where for it but it's not in any of the normal spots and I'm desperate to know what it is.

'Li your not going to find it, you will find out tomorrow what it is now come and watch a film with me.'

'But the wait is killing me Haz.'

'You will find out what it is in less than 24 hours I'm sure you can wait that long.'

'Fine but you better cuddle me during this film.'

'Course, I love you Li'

'I love you too Haz.'

***
The next morning Harry woke me up to breakfast in bed while singing happy birthday.

'Thanks love'

'Your welcome now hurry up and get ready so you can get your surprise.'

I don't think I have ever got out of bed quicker than I did this morning.

'Come on Haz'

'Alright I'm coming Li'

When we got in the car Harry blindfolded me so I couldn't see where we were going and to be honest I was quite nervous as I had no idea what he was planning.

***
Harry finally removed the blindfold about an hour later and I had no idea where we were. When I looked at the window all I could see was an old looking house which had balloons surrounding the outside.

I looked at Harry with an extremely confused look and then he handed me a brown envelope. I slowly opened the envelope and when I saw what they were I immediately started to cry.

'Are you serious?'

'Yeah we're going to adopt, happy birthday babe.'

'I love you so much'

'I love you too come on let's go inside.'

He led me inside and it was chaos. There were so many people walking around looking at the kids and members of staff who were running around to see if the kids suited the parents.

We handed are proof to adopt certificates into the front desk and were then told we could go on through to see the children and see if any would suit us.

To be honest none of the children were catching my attention until I heard a cry and saw a small blonde boy reaching up to try and reach, what I'm guessing is a comfort blanket, which was out of his reach.

'Aw can you not reach.'

'Look jack I think he's going to cry.'

'What a baby all alone with no friends.'

I had had enough of watching the older boys torment the younger boy and got up to go and see what is going on.

'What's going on over hear why have you got his blanket?'

'Oh come on it's just a bit of fun.'