6. [➳simon's back]

We made it to the institute without being seen. Alec was getting his arrows ready when he turned to look at me.

"What's going to be your weapon choice?" He asked.

"I don't know. I was kinda gonna go with the bow and arrows but I see they're already taken." I replied.

"Any special reason?" He asked me and I sighed.

"Nothing it's just... I used to have a friend. She used to be the queen of archery, no kidding. I met her when I was 13. She had just moved to New York. Because of her father's work, they were always moving across the country. She taught me how to use the bow and arrows. We used to go almost everyday to an abandoned building that was nearby my loft to practice." I said and let out a sad laugh. I could already feel the tears coming.

"What happened?" Alec asked slowly.

"Two years ago just weeks before her 17th birthday, she moved away. She moved to California, to a town named Beacon Hills. She was the only girl best friend I've ever had, without counting Clary. It had always been difficult for me to get along with girls, so when I finally was able to have a true friendship with a girl, I felt truly happy. Months later that same year, she died. I never saw her again." I whispered the last sentence and a tear was already streaming down my face.

"I'm sorry." Alec said soflty as I wiped the tears harshly.

"It's okay. I never really talk about her with anyone, and the few times I have, I get very emotional. I'm sorry." I said and he shook his head.

"Don't apologize. What was her name?" He asked.

"Allison... Allison Argent." I said and a sad smile left my lips. I took a deep breath and regained composture again. "Enough sadness. I think for now I'll just go with a seraph blade." I said as I grabbed one.

"You don't know how to use it yet. Here." Alec said as he approached to me and stood behind me. He grabbed my hand and for some reason, that caused shivers to run down my body. He waved my hand teaching me blocking and attacking positions. Once we finished, we stood still for a few seconds. He was still holding my hand and I could feel his breath on my neck. I was slowly turning my face to look at him when...

"Alec, Brielle... I didn't know you were here." I recognized Hodge voice. He didn't seem surprise by our position but for the weapons.

I abruptly pulled away from Alec and I almost trip on his foot. God this couldn't be more awkward.

"Yeah, no... we... um..." Alec stammered.

"You didn't see anything." I said taking out a $20 bill from my pocket which caused him to laugh.

"You're the bribe type, huh? I like her." He said looking at Alec. "And I wasn't going to tell anything anyways, but I'll keep the 20 bucks thanks." Hodge said and he took the bill from my hand.

"I was just... you know... teaching Brielle how to-" Alec began to say but Hodge cut him off.

"It's okay Alec, really. I'll leave you two to it." He said with a smirk on his face. He was about to leave but Alec stopped him.

"Hodge, thank you." Alec said and he smiled.

"You remind me of me, Alec. I know you're planning something, but Alec, don't make the same mistakes I did. Look where it got me." Hodge said before walking out leaving me and Alec alone.