15. [➳we're getting married]

[Brielle]

"Don't squirm." Robert said as he patched up Alec's wounds.

"I'm not. It doesn't even hurt." Alec said as he clenched his jaw and I sighed. I knew he was lying.

Alec's phone then started to go off. He took his phone out of his pocket carefully and saw that Jace was the one calling. He was about to answer, but Izzy grabbed the phone before he could.

"No talking, just healing." Izzy said as she answered the call and walked out of the room.

"All done." Robert said as he gave Alec a small pat on his back. He turned to look at me. "I don't thing we have been introduced yet. I'm Robert Lightwood." He said as he offered me his hand to shake it. I shook it.

"Brielle Fairchild. Is nice to meet you, Mr. Lightwood." I said and gave him a small smile.

"Please, just call me Robert." He said and I nodded. "Well, I'll leave you two alone." He said and he smiled before walking out of the room.

"You okay?" I asked him with concern. He nodded.

"Yeah, it's just a scratch." Alec replied as he winced.

"It wouldn't have needed stitches if it was just a scratch." I said as I gave him a half smile.

"I'll be alright don't worry. And thanks, by the way." He said soflty as he turned to look at me.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "For what?"

"You know, for being here." He said quietly as he turned to face to the ground.

"Anytime." I replied with a smile. In that moment, Izzy walked into the room.

"Jace is on his way back. He is worried sick about you." Izzy told Alec, then turned to look at me. "Clary asked if you were okay. I told her you were fine. She isn't coming back. She's going to keep looking for Simon. You need to make amends with her." Izzy said and I sighed as I bit my lower lip in frustration. I knew she was right, but it would have to wait until I saw her again.

"You fought with Clary?" Alec asked me.

"Yeah, about the whole Simon thing. I'll talk to her next time I see her." I replied dryly trying to brush off the subject.

"You better do it. Now come on, we have things to do." Izzy said and the three of us walked out of the infirmary into the heart of the institute.
I saw Magnus with Robert and decided to go talk to him.

"Magximus." I greeted him. He turned to look at me and smiled.

"Hello biscuit. Are you alright?" He asked me. I nodded.

"Yeah, nothing happened to me. What are you doing?" I asked as he used his magic on the walls.

"Just a protection spell, my dear. Hopefully it will do some good." He said and I smiled.

"Well I'll leave you to it." I said as I walked over  to where Izzy was working. I was about to ask her if she needed some help when I saw a seelie walking in. Izzy saw him too and immediately stood up.

"Meliorn?!" Izzy asked as she walked over to him and hugged him.

I decided to stay back to give them some privacy, until I saw Lydia walking up to them with two guards walking behind her. I approached immediately and stood up next to Izzy.

"Isabelle please step aside, you too Brielle." She said looking at us and then to Meliorn. "Meliorn, the Clave has ordered that you be placed under arrest." Lydia announced.