14. [➳lydia branwell]

[Brielle]

I woke up and touched my head as I sighed. I couldn't sleep a bit after all that happened last night. We turned Simon into a vampire even though I told Clary I wasn't okay with it. I took a quick shower, I dressed up and got out of my room. I accidentaly bumped into Izzy.

"Hey you. Are you okay?" Izzy asked me. I nodded my head slightly.

"Yeah. I just couldn't sleep much last night." I mumbled.

"I can imagine. But Simon's gonna be alright. You'll see." She tried to reassure me and I gave her a small smile. Even if I met Izzy only weeks ago, she was already always there for me.

I noticed that people were more agitated than usual. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Hey, is something going on? Why does everybody seem so nervous and agitated?" I asked her while I looked at everyone.

"Oh right. I forgot to tell you. The Clave is concerned about the institute. With all the unathorized missions we've made, they think it might not be in good hands. They're sending an envoy." She explained and I sighed. I felt guilty because I knew they were sending him or her because of us.

"I'm sorry. They are doing this because of us." I apologized. Izzy smiled.

"Don't blame yourself. Nobody forced us to help you. And I'm happy we did, but it would be great if we all stayed out of trouble for this couple of days." She said and I nodded.

"I'll do my best." I smiled.

"I'm counting on it. I've gotta go take care of some things. See you later." She said as she gave me a smile and started to walk away but turned around again. "Oh, by the way, Clary and Jace went out. They were gonna go and try to look for Simon. She was going to tell you, but she told me you two weren't exactly on good terms right now." Izzy said with concern on her voice.

"Yeah, we fought yesterday. It was because I didn't agree on bringing Simon back. I love him, Izzy. I really do. He's my best friend and I couldn't imagine my life without him, but I couldn't be that selfish to go and choose his new life for him. I'm not god. I just went because I didn't want Clary to carry with the burden alone, but still." I explained as I turned to face the floor. She approached to me and cupped my face with one hand.

"You're a great sister. Everything will be fine, I promise." Izzy said at last and walked away.

As I was walking through the institute, I saw Alec coming down a hallway with a little kid. I instantly recognized him because of the memories. Alec spotted me and smiled.

"Brie, hey. I think you haven't met my little brother yet. This is Max. Max, she's our new friend Brielle." He introduced me and I smiled as I bent down.

"Hello Max. I've heard a lot about you." I said.

"You have?" He asked as he gave me a confused look.

"I have. But I thought you were in Mumbai?" I asked him.

"He was. They brought him here because he got into trouble." Alec answered instead, giving Max a disapproving look.

"Really? What did you do?" I asked the little kid.

"He almost burnt down the whole Mumbai institute." Alec answered again.

"You almost burnt an entire institute?" I asked with surprise on my voice.

"How many times do I have to say it was an accident." He complained as he pouted.

"But that's so cool!" I exclaimed and he looked at me raising an eyebrow, but eventually his expression softened.

"You really think so?" He asked smiling widely.