8. [➳memory demon]

[Brielle]

I caught up to Jace and Clary who were on the line to enter to the Hardtail club.

"Wassup." I said as I approached them.

"Brie you look gorgeous." Clary said.

"Thank you." I said and smiled. She smiled back.

"Alec and Izzy are securing the perimeter." Jace informed us.

"Are you sure this is a good idea? Last time we were here, this place was crawling with vampires." Clary said nervously.

"Relax, all downworlders hang out here. We just came in a vampire night." Jace smiled.

"Lucky us." I scoffed.

"Right. And when is all this gonna sound normal to us?" Clary asked.

"I don't know." Jace replied.

"All clear." Alec appeared out of nowhere and whispered behind us. I stiffened. Izzy then appeared by my side and locked her arm with mine.

"I love the dress. And do you think red is my colour?" Izzy asked smirking.

"Iz, like I said before, everything looks great on you." I said and Izzy smiled.

"Good point. I make this necklace look so good." Izzy whined.

"Will you take it off? I'm certain Magnus Bane doesn't want drool on his ruby when we make the exchange." Alec said.

"You know, I wouldn't be so sure. Most men like it when I admire their jewels." Izzy said which caused me to laugh.

"Can you just give it to Jace?" He asked annoyed.

"You're such a buzzkill." Izzy said and she handed the necklace to Jace.

We entered the club. It was filled with green lights and loud music. People were dancing everywhere.

"Blend in. Keep your weapons ready." Jace said and we started to walk through the crowd. Alec amd Izzy separated.

"Magnus!" Jace yelled as he spotted him. Magnus stands up from his chair and his gaze shifts between me and my sister.

"Clary and Brielle Fairchild. You two have grown into beautiful young women." Magnus said while looking at us.

"Magnus Bane, the one and only who stole our memories." I replied.

"At your mother's request. She knew the risk." He said and then turned to look at Jace. "Show me the jewerly, shadowhunter." Magnus said. Jace then pulled out the necklace. He was about to grab it when Jace pulled it away.

"Give Clary and Brie their memories back and you get the jewerly." Jace proposed a deal.

"I have to confirm it's authenticity." Magnus said. Jace sighed and handed him the necklace. "Amor versus numquam moritur. True love cannot die. Oh, how I've missed this jewel." Magnus said admiring the ruby.

"How romantic. Now pay." I snapped at him.

"So charming. I wish I could retrieve your memories, but I no longer have them." Magnus said and I looked at him with widened eyes.

"What?!" Clary asked fanatical.

"You have got to be kidding me. Where are they?" I muttered.