Chapter 40: Aftermath

I stumbled along the side walk looking like someone doing the walk of shame instead of going to school. The lack of sleep plus my absolutely disregard about my appearance today couldn't have been a good combination.

I knew for a fact that my hair was a mess, my clothes were mismatched and most probably my socks as well. There was a huge plaster covering the deep gash on my palm but all these things were the least of my problems.

My problem was the way my mother had picked up the pictures and stormed out of my room last night. My problem was that she had began throwing out my dad's clothes down the stairs. Their shouting made my head ache as I treated my wound silently in my room.

All I could do was watch hopelessly at the mess that I'd created. The way my father stared at me before chasing after my mother haunted me all night. His face had lighted up in surprise and then realization that it was actually I behind everything.

And before his expression filled with guilt I saw something else that I never thought I would see on my fathers face when he looked at me. I saw hatred and the sight shocked me to the bone. After that I spent the whole night crying to myself as I cleaned my wound and my bedroom floor.

My parents never noticed that I was practically half naked with a bloodied arm. Or maybe they did but their problems took precedent. Zayn's words about their problems eventually pushing me out of the picture ran through my mind a few times but I shook it off hoping that it would never happen.

I guess I couldn't blame them especially my mum. Her whole world must have been shattered by those stupid pictures I took.

I should never have taken them. I should never have followed Zayn to the bar. It's all my fault, everything's my fault.

I jumped when I heard a loud honk from a car that drove past me and then I realized that I had somehow wandered from the sidewalk to the road. I quickly walked back up to the sidewalk whilst gritting my teeth.

My eyes were tired from crying, my head felt heavy from the lack of sleep and I suddenly felt extremely dizzy. If it was any other day I would have skipped school but today was different. For the first time school was the escape I needed.

I heard another honk and I stood still wondering why someone was honking at me when I was on the sidewalk. I ignored it and continued walking but that person honked another three times making me finally turn and glare at them.

My eyes widened in shock when I saw Harry in his old mustang.

"Get in," He said and I squinted my eyes at his shadowed face.

Still slightly pissed off at his outburst yesterday I ignored him and continued walking at a quicker pace. Every step seemed to drain my energy but I stubbornly pushed myself. 

"Oh come on. Don't you think you're over reacting just a little?" Harry shouted and he trailed after me in his car. The slow pace earned some honks from impatient drivers behind him but it didn't seem to bother him. He ignored them all as he drove at the same pace as I walked.

It was bearable at first but after a while the noise started to make my head throb so I finally gave in and got into his car.

I buckled in and stared ahead with my arms crossed over each other. 

"What's with your hair? And you hand!? Is everything, okay?" Harry stared at me in alarm.

I ran my hand through my hair to smoothen it and then gave up when I realized I had no energy left. "Everything's just great Harry."

He sighed in frustration. "Are you going to tell me or will I be wasting my time if I ask you."

Now it was my turn to sigh. I finally turned to look at him and then my eyes fell on his arms. He was wearing a long sleeved shirt which he hardly ever did. I suddenly remembered my dream and how his arms were covered with bite marks.