3 ~ Smell

We stared at each other for a moment I swear I saw his eyes light up even just for a millisecond.

Mate.

Oh shít.

Go to mate!

Would you shut up, I'm thinking!

About what there's nothing to think about! And with that I blocked her out. I walked over to the desk and sat down I could feel him staring at me. "Mate" I heard him whisper. Oh, shit!

"Well who might you be? I'm Dean."

"Zara Bletch."

"Zara, hmm I like it."

"Like what, my name, that's great but, I didn't ask for your approval." He looked taken aback I could tell no one ever speaks to him this way. I guess this will work I can't have a mate they're just too much of a distraction plus the power radiating of him shows he's important to the pack, very important so there's no way he could travel with me.

While I zoned out and was 'listening' to the teacher Dean was staring at me as if he was assessing my every move. It was annoying. "Could you quit staring? It's annoying!"

"Feisty I like it!" Wow this guy cannot take a hint! "I don't want to sound rude at all but do you think you should wear less spray? I think you would be intoxicating without it." So I did wear it, Thank Goddess for that! Wait did he just said I smell, another reason I don't want a mate.

"Did you just say I smell?"

"No! It's just I have a strong sense of smell and your perfume is well overpowering." Then it hit me like a ton of bricks MY MATE THINKS I'M HUMAN!

Well done Zara now how's that spray working for you?

Oh shut up Zoë! This is going to help us escape being trapped by our mate!

And why would I want that, this could be the last chance for us to find happiness!

No, that died along with our family. I guess that must of upset Zoë as she didn't say anything else. In my view I had just escaped something but in hers I had just ruined it. Whatever, I don't need anyone anyway I've made it this far by myself.

The rest of school was a drag it flew by not that I was complaining. Zoë didn't surface at all making me feel lonelier than I already was. Just as I sat on my Harley to go back to my new apartment someone shouted my name. It was Dean. Oh, great.

"Hey Zara wait up!" I let out a sigh and slowly tuned around.

"What is it Dean?" He looked hurt, I wanted to take that feeling away but I knew that if I did I would never escape.

"I was wondering if for our art project we could meet up to complete it as it's due in on Thursday." I thought about it on one hand I could meet him and possibly bond with him or the other hand not and get a detention possibly on a Friday enabling me to got to fight. I couldn't risk it.

"Ok" he looked shocked.

"Ok?" This was boring me now.

"As in yes. When and where?"

"Well we could go my place but you got to watch out for my brothers they are delinquents!"

Suddenly, a thought hit me his family are werewolves they might see straight through me! "Actually why don't we go my place it's a lot quieter." I tried to say as calmly as possible and he seemed to buy it. He smirked and I wrote down my address we agreed on 6pm as it would give me enough time to find this new gym I signed up to.

~10 minuets later

I had finally arrived home! I ran upstairs and got changed into my gym clothes. I put on a black sports bra, black jumper, maroon running leggings and some black trainers. None of it was branded as I didn't have a lot of money but they do their job.

I ran back out of the house and tried my best to find the gym. It turns out it wasn't that far away. The gym wasn't the best but that's what you get after paying £15 month. I didn't stop training until I was drenched in sweat and even then I carried on. By the end I had to sprint back to my bike and home as it was 5:30pm I had half an hour to get back home and get changed before Dean would arrive.

~ 20 mins later
Dean's POV

I sat by the door ready to go. I can't believe I finally found my mate! I turned 16 about 4 months ago so I've been wait quite a while for this moment. It was now 5:50pm I decided that was close enough considering it's a 5 minuet drive.

I can't wait to see her again!

That's Crowley I met him when I turned 16 at my full shift. It was like I had met the other half of me well I suppose that's what it was. He can be grumpy sometimes but since meeting Zara he seemed to warm up and that was only this morning!

I know I can't wait either!

"Jesus! Where are you off to in such a hurry I haven't seen you this excited in ages!" That's one of my younger brothers Sam I'm the oldest and there are 4 of us, but I will introduce them later.

"I'm working on a school project."

"Sure, whatever you say big bro." he snickered I glared at him but shot out of the door not want to waist anytime.

I sped in my black 1967 Chevy Impala. Being 16 your not exactly allowed to drive but in a small town like this it's not completely forbidden. I guess it also works being the alphas first born though (future alpha).

In under 5 minuets I made it to her house, only to find it was an apartment, strange I guess she just has a small family. I pressed the buzzer that said Bletch and soon enough she answered and said come up. I did but on the way I could smell something I tried to put it the back of my mind but it kept bugging me. I knocked onto her apartment door and she opened it the smell hit me but it was stronger I stared at Zara my eyes probably full of confusion hers full of shock.

"You're a rogue?!?"

________________________

Cliffhanger! Sorry couldn't help myself😂 see you guys next time with a new chapter!
Special shout out to zoex666 for all the support!💕💕
~Mia❤️
Monday 23rd October