47 ~ The Truth

~ Zara's POV

I knew eventually I would have to tell him, but with everything going on how could I? If I told him everything, then I would have to tell him the last thing that the Moon Goddess said to me and how I wouldn't be here for much longer.

Sitting in my room was awfully quiet but I didn't mind. I quite like the space and the peace to think.

Knock, knock, knock.

"Who is it?" I shout back in reply.

"It's me... Dean." Urg no, sigh.

"What do you want?" I humour him with a reply.

"I need to talk." I realised early on that he was not going to go away and that the only way to get him to leave is to hear him out.

"Alright, come in. What is it?" He opens the door timidly and I gesture to the chair for him to sit down, which he gratefully accepts.

"It's the Moon Goddess... I had a dream and she was there..."

"Okay..." he looked at me with his puppy dog eyes full of sadness and pity. My heart told me to go over to him and hug him and love him and be his mate, but my brain told me no... and I listened to it. "What happened in the dream?" It was excruciating just sitting in silence, especially when his eyes led on that he knew so much more.

"Zara... I-I know everything." That's impossible he can't know everything, I laughed it off as a defensive mechanism, but deep down I knew this was the truth.

"Ok well what is it you think you know?" I didn't want to say anything because I needed to know if what he is saying is the truth.

"Zara I know! I know everything! I know about the battles, and the rogues and the hunters..." he stopped for a second not wanting to say the last item on the list. A small tear stung my eye as I refused to let it fall. "Zara I know that you're... you're, you're..." He looked down to the floor and back up at me.

"I'm what Dean, say it! Say it!" I was itching for him to say what I was thinking, to confirm my thoughts, my dreadful, dreadful thoughts.

"You're going to die." He looked back at the floor tears evident in his eyes. I didn't like seeing this side of him, full of sorrow and regret.

"Dean... I'm sorry that I'm your mate." I started, Dean tried to interrupt me but I had already started talking. "I know that none of this is easy for you, and I'm sorry for that. So when I go I will ask the Moon Goddess to give you a second chance mate-"

"But-"

"No, let me finish, when I go I only wish for one thing in return, that you don't treat your second chance mate the way you treated me." It pained me to say all of this but it had to be done, I had put up a front, my inside walls stood strong whilst my outward once were like titanium, strong and indestructible.

"Zara just stop!" Once again he looked down. "I don't want a second chance mate okay, I want you! I know I messed up big time! But I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get you back! I came here to your funeral distraught, thinking my one shot at happiness was gone but you're not! That's why I'm still here! Zara I'm an idiot and I will say it a million times, but the thing is... I'm your idiot." He stopped and looked at me with hope. Hope that I would take him back... would I?

"Dean... I-I can't just forgive you. You were gonna practically lock me up and throw away the key because I wasn't good enough." I sighed, not once raising my voice, but not looking at him at all.

"Look I'm not asking you to forgive me... right away. But Zara I need you! You're my mate as much as I am yours and without you I'm incomplete, worthless and practically powerless." Son of a gun.

"Oh, I see. You just want me back to gain your power back?" He looked at me in shock and confusion.

"What Zara no! No never! I want you back because I... I"

"You what Dean?"

"Iloveyou!" Everything went silent. He what? I could barley think straight.

"Y-you what?" I whispered. Dean stood up straight his tall frame towering me.

"Zara Fletch." he got on one knee "I love you, now, forever and always." My cheeks went red and for once it felt like I was important and loved. Of course I didn't forgive him... right away.

"Dean stand up it looks like you're about to propose." I giggled. "You left me when I was at my worse." He looked down guilty. "You broke my heart Dean. The way I see it I have two options, reject you or take you back."

"No please don't re-" He interrupts.

"I wasn't finished." I shush him calmly. "However, rejecting you would make me just as bad. We could both end up dead." He gulped at the thought. "So that leaves me with one option." Just like that Dean jumped up in excitement.

"So that means your taking me back!"

"Hold your horses Mr I said that I wouldn't reject you, but I suppose it does in a way mean that... Dean you have to understand that I can't just forgive you straight away."

"I know, I know and I wouldn't expect you to. It's just I've missed you." Dean walk towards me, closing the empty space between us. He bends down towards me, making me all flustered and nervous. Stupid mate bond! His face is millimetres away from mine, but he just stops and whispers in my ear.

"By the way you're hot when you're angry and you're eyes start glowing." With that he runs away, leaving me dumbfounded trying to process what just happened.

"Dean!"

Zara stop something's wrong! I can feel it.

What do you think it is?

I'm not sure but there's an unpleasant scent in the area, make sure you stay alert.

Will do, thanks for the heads up.

"Dean come back!" I chase after him to ask if he has the same feeling when I catch a glimpse of Zack frantically running around the corner.

"Wait Zack! What's going on?" He doesn't stop but shouts back.

"Zara we're under attack by rogues!"

"But I thought that was in a fortnight!"

"These are rogues. They don't play by the rules..."

_______________________

Yay! I got this chapter out on time!🎉 hope you enjoyed it because there's not that many left to go!😁 Please vote and comment it means so much to me and it also helps me know if you guys are actually enjoying this book!
~Mia❤️
Sunday 15th July 2018