42 ~ The Piggy Back Ride

~ Zack POV

"He isn't dead! Wait so where is he?! Where has he been all this time?!" I was angry, no I was fuming how could her brother just leave, I couldn't even imagine doing anything like that to Jane, it was despicable.

"Zack calm down! I don't even know for sure!" Startled by her sudden outburst I cowered my head down I shame. "... look all I heard was my mother saying something along the lines of Jason not being there, ok. So maybe he is dead, and maybe he isn't there's nothing we can do about it." She said calmly.

"Ok, I'm Sorry. It's just, it's not fair if he is out there and has been all this time, why wouldn't he come and find you?" I sighed.

"Maybe he tried to or maybe he's not even alive, the point is that when the time is right we will meet and that's it."

"How can you be so sure?"

"I just can now can we drop this." I didn't want to drop it I wanted to hear every word she has to say, but I knew I had to, for now at least.

~Zara's POV
The next day

Slowly I walked down the stairs, which now seemed to be drastically steeper given my weak, frail form. As well as that it was the middle of the night and I was trying to not wake anyone.

"Woah you sure you should be doing that alone?" A voice came from behind.

"I will be fine Zack, I've got to get back on my feet somehow." I sighed, I know they're trying to be nice but I can't sit down much longer it's driving me insane!

"Yeah but not right away, how come you're up anyway?"

"I was hungry." I shrugged my shoulders, still shuffling my way down the steps very slowly, but I would've got they're eventually.

"Right, well, hop on." He bent down in front of me.

"What?"

"Hop on my back, I will give you a piggy back ride."

"No thank you." I continued my slow journey. Then I looked down and realised I wasn't even halfway down yet. "Actually, if you wouldn't mind."

Zack chuckled, but still let me hop on his back. "Where to then?"

"The kitchen obviously where else would we go?" I laughed.

"Right."

Zack practically galloped down the steps making me giggle with excitement like a four year old. "Zack slow down you'll drop me!"

"Your as light as a feather I won't drop yo-" splat! And I was now on the floor. "Oh no, I'm so sorry..." we both looked at each other but instead of yelling at him I just laughed and laughed and laughed, to the point where Zack joined in.

"What is going on down here? Why's Zara on the floor." Me and Zack looked up to see a confused and angry Dean.

"I sorta dropped her."

"You dropped her! How could you? Can't you see her delicate state? Are you stupid?" Me and Zack looked down trying to suppress our laughter. Keyword 'trying'. "What you think this is funny? You could've given her a concussion!" He was taking this too far now.

"Look Dean I'm fine, I'm alive okay. Don't get your knickers in a twist." After that badly chosen phrase me and Zack lost all containment of our laughter and it ended up bursting. If one thing was for sure it was that Dean was in no way happy about it.

"You two are being idiots. I expected more from you Alpha." The laughing stopped and was replaced by a stone cold glare from Zack.

"At least I didn't abandon my mate." That was cold, but true.

"Zack." I whispered.

"Yeah well at least I wasn't so irresponsible that mine died." That was too far.

"Dean!" Zack just stared at him shock eminent in his face.

"That's right I did my research on you." Zack had told me a little about his mate but never went into detail I just thought she left him, but this was way worse.

"You son of a bitch! Take that back!" Before I could do anything Dean punched Zack and Zack punched Dean. I kept screaming at them to stop, but then everything thing started to swirl and all I saw was black.

__________________________

Yo! So finally updated, sorry I completely forgot to publish it😂🤦‍♀️ also so far in the votes Dean is winning!☺️
~ Mia ❤️
Tuesday 22nd May 2018