5 ~ Fight Club

~Third Person POV

It was 3:15pm on Friday in less than 5 hours Zara would have to leave for her fight. Her and Zoë decided to put any feelings aside as soon as the entered the ring.

The apartment was small so it was understandable that Zara had felt caged in, it was even worse that it's a 20 minute bike ride to the forest to shift, if she doesn't do that at least 4 times a week there is a possibility she will loose all control over her wolf which is very dangerous.

Zara decided it was best to shift before the fight as she wouldn't want to loose control whilst fighting or it could get rather messy.

~Zara's POV
3 hours later

I have 2 hours until I have to fight I'm not scared I'm actually really excited, the adrenaline you get whilst fighting is unbelievable!

That's the one thing we can both agree on.

Would you stay out of my thoughts!

You know I can't, now stop being a baby and leave already! We need to get there and sign in and it's a 30 minuet drive without traffic so leave!

Alright I'm going! I chuckled at Zoë's anxious pleas to get going. I packed my bag with water and bandages just incase things do go south and that was it, I was on the road.

~Dean's POV

I can't help but think about Zara I haven't had a decent nights sleep since Monday I know she's the reason why. Mates need one another to survive that's why rejection or separation is very uncommon with werewolves.

Tonight, I am being dragged out of my room to a fight club that one of my friends suggested. Apparently some new comer is taking on 'Stainless Steel' I still can't believe that name, it's so stupid, but anyway he is a werewolf in my pack. His role is to be one of fighters, actually he's one of our best so whoever's fighting him is going to get quite a shock.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

I could already tell it was my Beta and best friend Josh. "What do you want josh?!" I growled.

"Come on grumpy the fight starts in an hour and it takes half that just to get there, so get your lazy ass out of bed!" Usually I would have torn whoever said that to bits for disrespecting me but as he was my beta I let it slide. Also nobody knows I found my mate and as angry as I am I'm not going to let anyone catch on to me acting differently. "Come on Dean the rest of the boys are waiting in the car!" To which he was referring to Joey and Luca also my friends.

"Alright I'm coming!" I grumbled as I swung open the door and trampled down the corridor.

"What's got you in a bad mood?" Crap so I may have acted a bit abnormal.

"Nothing I'm just tired. Who's driving?"

"Luca."

"What? No! Luca is not driving I'm the only one of us who's actually allowed to!"

"Whatever floats your boat Dean." He sighed. What was his problem?

~At the fight club

The smell of sweat, fear and adrenaline clouded the room but as soon as a metallic taste hit me I scrunched up my nose in disgust... blood. The room was packed with people some crowded around the around the arena, some around the bar and the rest around the betting table. I only ever bet on 'Stainless Steel' after all he always won. It was easy for him as he's always fighting humans there's only been a few occasions when he has fought against a werewolf yet he still won.

A smell hit my nose it was like sweet strawberry's and chocolate an intoxicating smell. I knew right away that Zara was here, but not quite where. "And today's fight we have a new comer who has the name of 'Hidden'! She will be going against our champion for a whole year straight 'Stainless Steel'!!"

Cheers erupted in the crowd but also a few growls I walked over to the stage and what shocked me was the fighter. Her mesmerising long blonde hair that I would recognise anywhere it was Zara but what was she doing here?!?

Stop the fight she will get hurt! Part of me wanted to but the other part wanted to see where this was going. I decided to let it play out but as soon as it looked like it was going to get ugly I would stop it. I knew he wouldn't go easy on her being a rogue and all but something was wrong, I couldn't put my finger on it.

~Zara's POV

I could hear the growls emitting from the crowd, werewolves who obviously didn't like the fact of a rogue being just outside their territory, as it was half an hour away from my apartment and I lived quite near to the edge already. Not that I cared I would be gone soon anyway.

Suddenly, the smell of pine and mint hit me. Oh shit.

I know this is going to be hard but we have to ignore him even just until the end of the fight, think you can do that Zoë.

I can try.

That's the spirit now come on let's show this shit head what we got!

Ding, ding, ding.

The bell went and I forgot about everything thing so I could heighten all my senses a skill that takes werewolves years to learn, unless your an 8 year old without much to do in her life.

"So a rogue I see! That just drives me to kill you more!"

"Shut up and fight!" I blocked him out and waited for his first move. He decided to throw a counter punch to my face. In lighting speed I slid under him leaving him unbalanced from the momentum. This gave me the opportunity to push him down and pin him to the ground I was shocked that such an 'experienced' fighter made such a rookie mistake.

The crowd was silent. They were surprised that I could do that well that will stop them from judging a book by it's cover. Steel managed to shake me off and deliver a punch to my stomach winding me. He then got me in a head lock, I was pissed no I was absolutely fucking infuriated! I had to suppress my wolf so that she didn't appear in front of all these humans.

Instead I took a deep breath and turned my head toward him so I can breathe properly then I focused all my strength into digging my elbow right under his ribs. This caused him to double over giving me enough time to apply an uppercut to his chin making him flop on the floor. I jumped down besides him and pinched his pressure point on his shoulder rendering him unconscious.

There wasn't a word said, everyone around me was in shock. I jumped out of the ring collected my money and headed for the door. As I walked out and past the alleyway someone grabbed me. I was about to scream at Dean when I realised there's no sparks or his familiar sent. This wasn't Dean my stomach dropped. An old rag was put over my face which must have been covered in wolfsbane as it burned, then something was jabbed into my arm. More wolfsbane I felt myself get weaker and weaker then everything started to fade.

________________________

Another Cliffhanger!!! Wow that was an eventful chapter 😂
See u guys next time 👋
~ Mia❤️
Wednesday 25th October