36 ~ The Phone Call

~ Kaelynn's POV

I was sat on the porch at my grandmas house, just daydreaming. Looking out into the distant forest with a warm breeze on my face.

Ring, Ring, Ring

I slipped my phone out of my trouser pocket to see who had disrupted my daydreaming and when I saw her name I nearly cried! It was Zara, she hadn't called me in months and I was beginning to get so worried, but it's fine she's here now.

Waisting no time at all I accepted the call and proceeded to ramble all sorts in a matter of seconds. "Hello... oh my Goddess is that you Zara. What happened to you you haven't called me in ages! I was so worried!"

"Um this isn't Zara." This most definitely wasn't Zara, it was a masculine voice, so the speaker was a man but who?

"Who are you and why do you have her phone? Where's Zara?  I swear to Goddess if you don't tell me I will find you and I will kill you." My mind was racing to conclusions, who the fuck has Zara's phone, but more importantly why?

"I-um-I I'm the Alpha of the pack in Norvill. My name is Zack and I have some, well... difficult new about Zara."

"Oh, has something happened to her, is she going to be ok, can I come see her? That's it coming over there, where did you say you were again?"

"Norvill, but I don't think that it will be necessary. You see, well um, this is very difficult to say, um Zara, she's no longer with us." What... no, no she can't be. I would know wouldn't I? I mean Dean would know, and he would tell me. Right?

"I will be there text me the address..." I hung up the phone not wanting to talk to this stranger anymore, and then I just looked out into the forest. My mood was not good and outside it was now raining, but I had to know the truth. I threw the phone behind me in frustration and headed towards the Alphas house. I mean sure I wasn't that close with Dean but he knew we were friends. I was a few feat in front of my grandmas house when I shifted into my wolf. I didn't even care to take off my clothes I just needed to know.

Whilst running through the forest I tried mind linking Dean but it was no use he had his wall up. As soon as I realised this I sped up, my legs hurt but nothing could stop me.

I reached his house and didn't even stop to change into wolf form I just ran into the house, past security and through the doors. I could smell Dean in his room and bolted towards him. The door was open a crack and I used my snout to push it open.

There on the bed, head in hands, was Dean. He looked up and our eyes linked, both of us just stared into each other's like we were reading their soul. We stayed like that for what felt like an eternity until I pined, desperate for answers.

"Yes." He mustn't of understood what I was asking. I shook my head and he walk towards me reaching out his hand. I bowed my head in response and Dean reached out and gently touched the part in between my eyes. A memory came flushing through my brain. It was Dean's body in pain, but Dean wasn't seeing what is reality, he saw Zara. She was covered up in a bed, and even though she was buried in blankets she was still shivering, but then it stopped.

"Thank you." Then everything went away and I was brought back to bitter reality.

"You see, she's gone." Dean looked down, obviously holding back any emotions.

I can't believe she's really gone. Zara's... dead. She's really gone. I just feel so empty.

"I'll um- " he paused for a moment, trying to gather his thoughts... or emotions? "I'll go ask one of the maids to fetch you some clothes and then we can talk about this properly.

I don't want clothes, I want Zara. My ears now drooped down and my head hung in misery, and slowly I walked out the doors. Everyone around me became a blur, but I kept my head down and just kept going, until I reached my grandmas home, where I sat, where I questioned, and then I planned...

__________________________

And that was this chapter. I'm going to try and write another chapter for this week due to this one coming out a little late and it not being as long 🤗 I don't normally ask this but pleeeaaaasseee vote and comment on my chapters so i know that you guys are enjoying the book and if there's I can improve anything🤷‍♀️ Thank you!🤗🤗
~Mia❤️
Wednesday 18th April 2018