32 ~ Whisper Thank You

~Zack's POV
With doctor

"So what your saying is there's no way to help her?"

"I'm sorry alpha there's nothing we can do but wait it out."

"Wait it out! Wait. It. Out. This is a life that we're talking about! She's in there dying and there's NOTHING we can do! Is that what your telling me?!?"

"Zack keep your voice down there are other patients here." Jane scolded.

"Your right I'm sorry, I just wish that we could do something I feel so useless." I sighed.

"Nothing like this has ever been seen in another werewolf." The doctor informed us.

"Ok so in the mean time what would you recommend we do?" Jane enquired.

"Well I suggest she gets plenty rest and some healthy food. Oh and also find her mate he will be able to connect with her."

"We can't do that" I'm mumble through gritted teeth.

"Alpha I'm not sure if you understand the extremity of Zara's condition, she needs her mate."

"Doctor she doesn't exactly have one." Jane sighed.

"Oh I see, well, she will need some support."

"Do you think that it would help if we took her back to the alpha house?"

"Well you will need to very very delicate with how you move her but otherwise I think it would be nice to spend the little time she has left where she is comfortable."

"Thank you doctor."

"Your very welcome alpha and if you have any further troubles please don't hesitate to ask." And with that he walked away.

"So how do we move her?" Jane asked.

"I will figure something out." We both walked in the room to see Zara rolled in a ball fast asleep. She looked so piece full yet restless at the same time.

Now was my chance, I scooped Zara up in my arms which was easy as she was so light.

"What are you doing!" Jane yelled.

"Shhh! Don't worry look I'm going to carry her to our house it's barley a 2 minute walk." I could tell from Jane's face that she thought this was a bad idea. "Don't worry. Just go in front of me and hold the door open, oh, and could you sign those papers to discharge her."

"Fine! What papers?"

"The ones you have to get from the front desk."

"But you have to queue for that!" She whined.

"Just do it! For Zara?"

"Fine but only for Zara."

"Thank you!"

~Zara's POV
At alpha house.

My body shivered even though I was under piles of blankets. I froze when I smelt cologne and felt smooth silk linen sheets against my pale dry skin. I didn't know where I was but at that moment I didn't care, I mean it smelt better than the hospital.

I grew colder and colder by the minute and as I laid there wherever I was I started to feel ashamed. Ashamed of the absolute shambles of my life, and how I've wasted all of it, I mean sure it wasn't the best life but it was still life. I spent it all running, hiding and hating the world. That's now way to spend a life!

I had wasted everything and now it was too late. Well shit. There was nothing I could do, I tried sitting up and fighting for my life but it was like I was held down by I bolder. I tried opening my eyes but they were sewn shut. I even tried yelling for Zack or Jane, but not even a whisper left my dry chapped lips.

I was too weak to mind link, I mean I couldn't even talk to Zoë for crying out loud! I'm going to die alone just like I lived.

Suddenly, heat drifted through my body and I was filled with warmth. It felt like I was powerful and that I could open my eyes... and for a split second, I could. For a split second I could finally breath. For a split second I could open my mouth to whisper "Thank you".

And then it was all over. No flashing lights no warmth, no voices, no anything. I was alone. I tried screaming out for help but nothing came out. I was so scared.

That was until I heard...

"Don't be scared child."

__________________________

Cliffhanger😁🎉hope you all like this chapter it was a bit sad.🤷‍♀️
~Mia❤️
Monday 5th March 2018