35 ~ Inevitable

~ Jane's POV

I was alone with my thoughts, a dangerous thing when someone has lost a loved one, but it was inevitable. Someone had to box up Zara's things and I got the short end of the stick.

It only took one box as she had so little things her phone being one of them. I went through Zara's phone to check that there wasn't anyone that we needed to inform of Zara's... passing, and I was discouraged to see that sooner or later I would have to call a 'Kaelynn' and tell her the unfortunate news.

Zara has mentioned her a few times but never in detail, it seemed that it upset Zara to talk about her so I never asked her about it.  She didn't like to talk about things that brought any emotion up, coming to think of it she was pretty closed off with her emotions, but I know she was trying so I never pushed her.

"Jane are you nearly done? Jane..."

"Huh oh sorry I must of got caught up in my thoughts what were you saying?" I didn't even realise Zack was right behind me or for how long.

"I said are you nearly done?"

"Um yes I just need to call Kaelynn and tell her the news."

"Who's Kaelynn?"

"I think she was one of Zara's friends I vaguely remember her mentioning a Kaelynn, and I don't know who else it could be."

"Well, why don't you let me do this I think you've done enough."

"No, no I will be fine... actually." The sudden realisation dawned on me that I would have to tell someone that Zara was... dead, my own brain hasn't processed this let alone my mouth. "If you wouldn't mind. I don't think I could."

"Sure just give the phone I will do it once I be put Zara's things in the attic. Could you do me a favour and put a sheet over her bike?" Her bike I didn't even think about that.

"Yeah, um sure I will go do that now." I said sheepishly.

~ Zack's POV

I clicked on the only name in the phone 'Kaelynn' and called it.

The phone rang and rang and rang until finally someone picked up.

"Hello... oh my Goddess is that you Zara. What happened to you you haven't called me in ages! I was so worried!" The girl had a sweet angelic voice, and she seemed talkative but that may just be in fear for Zara. And now I have to tell her...

"Um this isn't Zara."

"Who are you and why do you have her phone? Where's Zara? I swear to Goddess if you don't tell me I will find you and I will kill you." Well that went well.

"I-um-I I'm the Alpha of the pack in Norvill. My name is Zack and I have some, well... difficult new about Zara."

"Oh, has something happened to her, is she going to be ok, can I come see her? That's it coming over there, where did you say you were again?" This was going to be harder than I first anticipated.

"Norvill, but I don't think that it will be necessary. You see, well um, this is very hard to say, um Zara, she's no longer with us." I waited for her to say something but there was no answer. "Kaelynn are you there? We are holding a small funeral tomorrow if you would like to come-"

"I will be there text me the address..." she had hung up, probably didn't want to cry over the phone. Who would blame her? As Alpha I cannot express my emotions as it's a sign of weakness and I think without that barrier I would most likely still be locked in my room.

__________________________

Thank you for reading this chapter! I know it wasn't a very interesting one but in the next chapter we will be in Kaelynn's point of view.
~Mia❤️
Sunday 8th April 2018