Chapter XV: A New Ally

I looked at her in shock, I then stood up. Slowly backing away from her. She looked confused, although she immediately realized her mistake.

Lilith: Wait Y/- Erm... Ace!

Me: I-I gotta go to the washroom.

Lilith: Come back!

I sprinted out of the cafeteria with Lilith hot on my heels, I rounded a corner but slipped on a puddle of juice, also tripping on the 'Wet Floor' sign. Sending me into a wrecked heap in the corner of the hall.

Me: Owwww...

Lilith: Are you okay Y/N?

Me: S-stop saying that name!

She rose her hands in the air, as I slowly stood back up. Rubbing my shoulder, and cracking my back, I quickly shoved her against the wall.

Me: So how you know my name?

I ask, swiftly pulling my butterfly knife out, I position it so it just grazes her neck, I also look out for anyone scoping the halls.

Lilith: Calm down Y/N. I haven't told anyone.

Me: *through clenched teeth* The point of the matter is not that anyone else knows, it's about how you know how I'm Spade...

She breathes as she gently pushes the knife away from her neck, I begin to relax and place it back in my back pocket.

Lilith: Y'know you aren't exactly a good card hider.

That's when I mentally face-palm, I hide all my Ace Card in my suitcase, usually they're used for calling cards or where I write my blackmail notes. And by the way, I have about dozens of them.

Me: Well, that's no solid proof!

Lilith: Well you did try and run, and held a knife to my neck, threatening to kill me.

Me: Well... why didn't you tell anyone.

Lilith looked around too for moment, until she then grabbed my shoulder.

Lilith: I found it... interesting.

Me: What?

I ask, having no idea where she was going with this. I also slightly moved away from her.

Lilith: Living in a dorm with a high-profile criminal. It seemed exciting...

Me: Excitement... Isn't exactly the emotion people feel around someone who's a convict arsonist.

Lilith: But you made Beacon something else... At first before going here I thought it was gonna be the 4 most boring years of my life. Something unexpected and surprisingly suspenseful, you. Happened to this place.

Me: You didn't tell anyone else about this right.

Lilith: Oh no... I wouldn't do that. I'm not a tattletale.

Me: You do know that Cardin, Jaune and Pyrrha are dead because of me.

Lilith: I suspected that already. All to add to the excitement, everyone was speculating who would die next. Everyone was so frightened, I mean, people were creating squads to try and hunt you down. That's an accomplishment for a boy like you.