Chapter XVIII: Enjoy the Night

Me: Gah, stupid... Piece of shit!

I mutter, attempting to reset my watch as carefully as I could, It was already getting dark out. Many students, in pairs were already entering the dance-hall. Bill and my henchmen were here though, ready to board up the doors when the package is delivered. Though what was preventing me from going in, was the fact that Lilith's still not here, Diana either. Though Lilith was fine with Diana going with us to the dance, I'm not so sure about Caleb. If I'm to launch the operation, it'll be a big gamble on my end.

Me: Dammit Lilith, where are you?

I hissed below my breath, what also botched the chance of this operation performing to its full potential is the fact that Ironwood decided to place a few of his men to guard the CCT, at any moment they could just waltz into the scene to find my henchmen boarding up the entryway. Which is bad.

Lilith: Hi Y/N.

I heard her, she finally came. But when I turned to look at her... she was admiringly beautiful. Her purple dress matching her lilac hair. Her heels making her seem 4 inches taller.

Lilith: You impressed?

She asked with a smile.

Me: Wow...  For once in my life, I'm actually impressed with a girl.

Lilith: Well, it's what I could get together in a matter of 30 minutes, but it's all for you. Tonight.

Me: I hope you're okay with Diana going with me to the dance. I'll be with you for the second hour though.

She nodded in agreement.

Lilith: It's okay, I don't see myself as the jealous type. You're free to do what you need to do... Y/N

Me: Just... please don't call me that in there okay Lily?

Lilith: Alright honey.

She said, squatting a bit and giving me a flirtatious wave. I sighed and smiled. Before striding just behind her into the building. Where that blonde girl who's on team RWBY greeted us for the night.

Yang: Hello! Glad you two could make it on time!

Me: Wouldn't miss it for the world, Yang right? On Team RWBY?

Yang: Yeah how'd you know... Ace?

I smirked.

Me: I have my ways.

Yang: So, you and Lilith going together?

Me: Nope, Diana asked me nonstop to go aswell. I'm swapping girls within an hour.

Yang: Oh, that's cool. Hmmm, say maybe you could swap a third time eh?

She asked with a significant tone, raising a playful eyebrow at me.

Me: What? Who? Me? Pffft, nah. I've already got my hands full. Sorry 'bout that.

I apologized, raising both my hands in the air.

Yang: Heh, that's alright.

As soon as she turned around, I lost my smile. Turning it into a grim frown. I've already got a lot on my plate tonight.

Me: Bimbo...

I spoke with clenched teeth. Suddenly, a hand grabbed me from behind and I jumped in surprised.

Diana: Whoa there, stallion. It's just me.

Me: Jeez, Diana. Please don't do that.

Diana giggled and smiled.

Diana: Doesn't matter now does it Ace? We have the whole night to ourselves.

Me: Heh, well. Not exactly...

Diana: Well we just gotta make the most of the hour then shall we?

She asks, I chuckle and smile.

Me: Nevertheless.

I boast, holding out my hand. She grinned in a stereotypical ladylike manner.

Lilith's POV

I watched Y/N dance with Diana, though I said to him that I didn't feel jealous about it... I actually kind of do. Even though I get to be with him during the second half of the night... I just... want to he with him.

I sighed, walking over to the desserts table, and grabbing a pirogi. I bit into it and tastes cheese. Mmmm, delicious.

Slow music began to play as a boy with blue hair approaches me. holding out his arm and seemingly trying to flirt with me.

Boy: Hey beautiful, wanna sway em' up?

He asks, winking at me. I roll my eyes, clearly he isn't on the exact same platform as Y/N is. I scoff and turn, waving my hair at him as I walk off.

Me: Go figure.

I hear him groan in frustration behind my as I  walked away. I decided to go out and to get some fresh air. While going out, Caleb burst through the doors with at least four bags in his arms, and wearing a really wrinkly suit and tie.

Caleb: Hey, Lilith, c-can you help me with these? By Monty! These are heavy!

Me: What're in those Cal?

I ask, he stops, then laughs nervously.

Caleb: Ehm, j-just some extra decorations Yang told me to hang up.

Me: During the dance?

I ask curiously.

Caleb: Uh, yeah. Just post-decisive last-minute decorations.

Caleb said, as I hear some mechanical whirrs within the bag, and a few beeping noises.

Caleb: That... beep.

That's when it hits me, bombs... that's what Y/N's planning. I never knew Caleb worked for him.

Caleb: So... do you know where Diana is? I gotta talk to her.

He frantically asks as he lays one of the bags in a corner of the room.

Me: Oh Diana, she... she's dancing with Ace.

I say, as Caleb's expression dims. He drops the last two bags on the floor. They make a clanking sound as he falls to his bottom.

Caleb: That backstabbing asshole...

Lilith: Caleb, what's wrong?

I ask, he looks at me in tears.

Caleb: He-he promised tha-that Diana, wou-would. dance with me!

Lilith: Well, I guess you could should make the best and... Enjoy the Night.