FALLEN

'Gods please tell me what you are planning when you've now taken the best I know,'

Now the waves crashed against the boat as they almsot flew towards Kattegat. Hvitserk sat on the boat quietly as his eyes was glued on the body on the floor of the boat. Out of curtesy it was only him, his brothers and a captain along with the dead body infront of him on the boat. Many men had died during the battle so they managed to stay of the other boats. They had left as soon as the battle was over, not caring for the other places to visit. A princess had fallen, nothing else mattered anymore.

Hvitserk's eyes hadn't been dry since he had seen Y/n fall to the ground, the sharp metall of the sword penetrated her chest, straight through her heart, not giving him a chance to say goodbye. The blood that had oozed from her body had now dried but his eyes was glued on her face. He had closed her eyes, not being able to see the life drained from her eyes. They were a remainder that he had failed her, failed what he had promised her the day they met. Always keeping her safe.

Instead of keeping her safe no matter what he had been cornered by soldiers, barely making it out himself before he had seen Y/n being attacked. It was almost like someone else took over, like the gods moved his body, giving him the strength to fight of the soldiers but he was too late. Before he could scream her name a soldier broke her heart in two. When he thought about it the soldier had been breaking his, a piercing pain filled his chest and hadn't stopped since then.

His brothers had seen him running towards someone on the ground, quickly following him to protect him but almost forgetting everything themselves as they saw her on the ground. A tear slowly fell from Hvitserk's eyes when he felt the pain, it was unbearable. She had been his everything, his other half to his beating heart and now when she was dead his heart was quickly dying as well. Only having an useless half that wouldn't fit with anyone else. It was an original piece that was made for hers.

"We're here." Ubbe spoke softly as they had hit the shores of Kattegat a long time ago yet he didn't notice. All he saw was the memories of the woman he loved, living and fallen. Nothing else mattered and he didn't want them to. His oxygen had left and laid before him. Ubbe placed his hand on his brothers shoulder as he saw him barely breathing.

"Don't touch her!" Hvitserk roared when his brothers got ready to carry her off the boat. His voice low and lethal. His breath rugged and he looked like a scared animal. His eyes red, puffy and skin paler than the white clouds, almost as pale as hers. How could it be in another color when he was slowly dying himself. It felt like there was a black hole in the ground, Hel was awaiting him, dragging him closer to it. The gravity oddly strong towards the ground somehow. "Don't touch her with your disgusting hands! SHE'S MINE!" Hvitserk shouted, people watching in heartbreak as the young son of Ragnar raised his voice. Never had he done such a thing before, why would've he done that. She hadn't been dead then.

His brothers watched in pain as Hvitserk took her in his arms, tears falling from his eyes when he thought about the last time he had been carrying her in his arms. Their wedding night. She had been so beautiful with flowers in her hair and life had filled her eyes. Her laugh rung loudly in his ears and he almost dropped her in defeat yet his brothers carefully helped him. Hvitserk stepped onto the dock with his wife in his arms, heavy steps echoed through Kattegat and people faced the ground as he passed them. Sorrow filled their bodies. Hvitserk sucked in a shaky breath as he walked to their cabin.

"If I knew this would've happened when we got married I would've carried you over here more than once." He said as he walked inside. He knew that his last goodbye would be when the dark sky had hovered above Kattegat. Floki's boat would carry her out to the sea, send her to the gods. He removed her hair from face as more tears fell.

He didn't know how long he sat there only looking her with her cold hand in his. However there was a faint knock somewhere close but he didn't say anything. His voice was lost somewhere deep inside. His brothers soon stepped inside as sorrow filled their bodies when they saw their brother heartbroken next to someone he loved with everything he had.

"The boat is ready brother." Björn said and Hvitserks eyes just fluttered a little as another tear fell down his salty cheeks. "Let's get her ready." The last words repeated themselves in his head. Get her ready, but what about getting him ready. He wasn't ready to let her go, one of the reasons he had taken her back to their home. He wasn't ready to let her go. His eyes moving over her body over and over again, trying to make sure he wouldn't forget a single thing about her even if her every flaw and perfection had been copied into his own mind since the day they had met. More pain stung in his chest before he nodded. Helga and Lagertha walked inside to get her ready as his brothers walked him outside.

Not long after Kattegat had gathered around the boat on the shore. Torches were lit around them and the boat. Björn and his brothers walked Hvitserk towards the masses of people, not knowing his young brothers reaction when he would see her on the boat. A short exhale slipped past his lips when he saw Y/n on the boat. Hvitserk clenched his fists together as more tears welled up in his sore eyes. It felt like the dead half of his heart almost had devoured the other living part, not leaving much to himself. Jewelry, food, animals were surrounding her in the middle. His ears didn't pick up any sounds as he only focused on her, the boat slowly was pushed towards the ocean and panic filled his body.

"No." He mumbled to himself yet his brothers heard loud and clear. "No!" He said louder and stepped towards the moving boat but his brothers took a grip of his body. He almost growled as he tried to get out from their grip, not wanting the space between him and Y/n to grow. Yet he failed her yet again. A shaky sigh let his lips when an arrow was lit as the boat floated away from him. Like an fallen star across the sky the arrow flew through the air. The boat soon igniting and the pain in his chest increasing. Was he dying as well? It felt like it stopped beating, all of him way gone. He wouldn't heal, he was scared for life.

'Gods please tell when how I'm supposed to breath when you took my lugns away? Tell me how I'm supposed to see without my sight? Tell me how my heart is supposed to beat in my chest when your valkyries just ripped it from my chest? But please just tell me she will be looked after until I'm there to care for her again. I promise I won't fail her then.'

*Not edited