FOUND BY HALFDAN

Y/N walked through the streets of the smaller village

Y/N walked through the streets of the smaller village. Her dress was just the right length yet it was still dirty at the edges from the hard work during the days. She was a thrall, working with at her now sick father farm. She enjoyed caring for the animals and watching the greens grow. She knew she wasn't important, she was the farmers daughter yet the animals and greens made her feel useful at least.

"Morning Y/N!" Erik, the horseman's son greeted her as he placed hay down on the ground for her horse.

"Morning Erik." She smiled at him. Erik was younger, blond with his slightly long hair braided. He was dressed in black pants and a dirty now beige shirt. He wiped his forehead as she walked over to him. He was one of the kind people in the small Norwegian village. He looked like one of the warriors that could be raiding the world, she knew he had been dreaming of it however he was just like her, locked in a lower position.

"Looks like we're going to have a good day, blue skies are heading our way!" Erik said with a smile which she returned. "I told the blacksmith about new shoes for your horse." He continued.

"Thank you," Y/N said and wiped her hands on her dirty white apron before removing the loose lock of hair from her face. "You're too kind Erik, its already enough that you have all the villagers horses to care for." She continued with a slight blush on her face.

"No, need what don't you do for a beautiful young woman." He said and she blushed as her eyes glued themselves on the ground. She bit her bottom lip yet before she could answer loud yells was heard. It filled the peaceful silence. Villagers screamed in panic, women and men running to the children to get them somewhere safe. Arrows started to fly everywhere and a scream left Y/N lips as one landed a few inches from her face.

"Y/N!" Erik screamed before pulling her into her firm chest. He pushed her towards the smaller shed where his family had all the equipment to care for their farm. Food, buckets, shovels and other necessities.

"What's happening?" Y/N asked Erik once inside. The door was still open and they could see the earls warriors running with their swords raised then the sound of metal clashing followed by more screams. "Who is attacking us?!" She asked as he walked towards the door, grabbing a shovel.

"Stay here Y/N, pull that rope after closing the door after me and a ladder will fall down. Sit by the wall and no one will see you. Don't move until I get you!" Erik shouted at her. "Understand?" He asked and she only nodded quickly. Erik ran outside and her heart ached when a much larger man attacked him with a sword. However Erik was quick to defend himself and soon the man was knocked to the ground by the shovel. Then he was out of sight. Y/N ran to the door and closed it. She pulled the rope and a ladder fell down. She climbed with some struggle yet a huff left her lips when she was on the attic. She heard someone walking outside, on the porch and she quickly pulled the ladder up. She pushed her body against the wooden wall and held a hand over her mouth, trying desperately to muffle her heavy breathing.

Soon the sound of the door opening was heard and she sucked in a breath. She knew it wasn't Erik by the sound of two pairs if heavy shoes that filled the almost eerie silence in the room. A few screams in pain and panic was heard faintly. However the sound of the shoes, her heavy heard and muffled breathing was all she could hear.

"It's an empty shed." A mans deep and raspy voice said.

"What's up there?" The other man said, slightly lighter tone on the voice. Then the sound of someone jumping. "I can't see anything." He continued.

"Because its empty." The first man spoke. Suddenly an arrow was shot into the wall not to far away from Y/N and a yelp left her lips. A pair of laughter rung in her ears and when she blinked tears ran down her cheeks.

"Guess not." The lighter voice said with a chuckle.

"Fix it." The first one said and soon the sound on one pair leaving. Y/N pushed her body against the wall like fi she could press herself into the wood and disappear.

"If you want to get out alive I suggest you making your way down here." The man spoke, she could hear the smirk on his lips. She didn't want to move, she couldn't move from her spot. She was paralyzed on the spot against the wall. Her whole body shook in fright. "It's up to you, I'll be waiting down here." He added then the sound of his footsteps was heard further away. Then it got silent, like she had walked away. She couldn't hear anyone breathing. With a heavy heart she waited a little while longer before she slowly moved towards the edge and a loud yelp left her lips as she pushed her body quickly back against the wall once her eyes met his. He had a partly shaven head and dirty blond hair that covered half his inked face. Blue eyes met his and a smirk spread across his lips once he saw her.

"Well, well, well, look at that. Isn't that a beautiful woman sitting up there. Hiding from us?" He said and a chuckle left his lips again. It sent chills down her back as she pressed her body against the wall again. "If you refuse to come down I will force you." He said and his voice turned cold and stern. Then out of nowhere something hit the beam with great force, making the floor to the attic shake. A scream left her lips when she realized that he tried to chop off the beams connected to the attic.

"Please..." She pleaded not louder than a whisper yet he heard her.

"You will come down one way nor another. Either you get down yourself or I will make sure you'll get down." He said and ters ran down her cheeks.

"Please don't hurt me." She pleaded and he laughed.

"With such a pretty girl I can't promise you." He said. "And the longer you stay up there the more difficult it will be for you." He continued and she blinked, not being able to move. When she sat there too long there was another hit on the beam, making the floor tilt.

"If you leave me alone I will come down." Y/N finally said and he stopped hitting the beams.

"I'll stay." He said stubbornly and she remained seated.

"I won't climb down with you in the room." She said, wiping her tears off her face. Another hit was made onto the beam and it was cut off, making the heavy flooring tilt and she started to glide towards the edge. She had nothing to hold onto and the ladder also fell down. It was still secure enough to sit on yet it moved as the man got onto the ladder. Soon she met his eyes again as he got onto the floor.

"This is what happens when you choose the difficult way." He said then everything went black.

Suddenly she woke up, gasping for air as a bucket of water had been thrown at her. She was met with two men staring down on her. The ground was under her and the second man was more familiar to her. His blond hair kept falling onto his face. The other man had brunette hair that was pushed back and braided. His face was also covered in black ink. Her hands had been tied together with a thicker rope. She looked like a terrified deer with wide eyes, staring at them with pure horror.

"Well brother, look what you found. A real treasure." The brunette man said as he patted the blond on the shoulder. "Finders keepers." He said and the blond brother smirked.

"Oh I will keep this one."