ROYAL AGREEMENT PT2

Sat upon the horseback they rode towards the arranged marriage

Sat upon the horseback they rode towards the arranged marriage. Y/n sat quietly on her horse, not bothering to look at anyone. Ragnar had tried to talk to her but she didn't bother to listen either. Her gaze was glued onto the horse mane as the moment she dreaded got closer by each minute.

They entered the forest soon, green trees and bushes surrounding them. It was a spectacular view however the princess wasn't interested, not wanting another thing that would've become a sweet memory of freedom from the pagans in her mind. She didn't want to marry a man she never gotten the chance to meet beforehand. Ivar, her future husband could be anything between a sweetheart or a ruthless killer without feelings. For the first time she looked around on the men she had heard terrible stories about for years. Ivar wouldn't be a sweetheart, if only half the things she had heard was true she could only pray for some mercy.

Y/n's eyes widen slightly when she could see more people ahead, standing infront of a strange man dressed in nothing she would call clothes. The horses stopped and one of the men offered her a hand to help her off. She only stared at him before getting of by herself. Involuntarily she followed Ragnar as his men as they walked over to the rest. Immediately she could feel eyes on her and she stared back herself with emptiness in her eyes.

Everyone was dressed in leather, skin covered in dirt and even some slightly stained in blood. Y/n clenched her jaw in anger when she wanted nothing more than to run away however the possibility of them hunting her down stopped her. She could hear Violets words echo in her head; Don't let them break you. She could stop thinking about the man she were about to wed. Her eyes searched for the face she thought fitted the name Ivar.

Her eyes met a man's blue eyes, familiar to Ragnars. His hair was a light shade of brown, barely rested on his shoulders. He had slightly broad shoulders and they were draped with a cloak. Ivar didn't fit him but his eyes seemed rather kind, mysterious and playful. Beside him stood a man with shoulder long hair, also brown with a small braid that removed the hair from his face, the same blue eyes that seemed even kinder and even more playful. Ivar didn't suit him either. Beside them further away stood a man with also shoulder length hair; yet blond. He had the same eyes and figured that they had to be brothers. Neither did he look like his name was Ivar.

Y/n swallowed and let her eyes search for her so called husband. She could see how the blond smirked a little before whispering something into the ear of his brother. Soon the people walked to the sides she could walk all the way up to man dressed in strange clothing. When they got out from her way she saw a man sitting on the ground, she frowned and some probably saw her facial expression since some laughter was heard causing the man before her to clench his jaw tightly. She soon turned to look at Ragnar who motioned for her to stand beside the man ont he ground. A sigh left her lips as she did so. She could feel the man beside her stare at her and she only glared down at him. He had electric blue eyes, the white almost seeming blue. Thick brown hair pushed back, shorter than the rest of the men around. His body dressed in leather but the thing that had caught her attention were the strings that was tying his legs together. She couldn't stop asking herself if everything was a joke. She just waited for someone to slit her throat before the last thing she would ever hear would be pagans laughter.