BEING HARALD AND HALFDAN'S BABY SISTER

Large ships sailed in a high speed towards the shore in Kattegat

Large ships sailed in a high speed towards the shore in Kattegat. The ship's king and leader Harald Fine-Hair stood at the front of the main ship and observed Kattegat as they got closer. Soon his brother Halfdan joined him, they shared a glance and both their lips widen with big smirks. Their eyes soon moved to the back of the boat where they spotted a familiar sleeping frame. Harald nodded Halfdan in the direction of their little sister.

"Hey sleepyhead, wake up!" Halfdan said as he roughly yet with a gentle hand shook Y/n awake. A groan left her lips as she opened her eyes slowly, glaring at her older brother. She sat up and looked unimpressed at the land visible in distance. Pulling her fingers through her braided hair to fix the messiness that might had occurred during her rest before fixing her leather clothing. Halfdan had walked back to her oldest brother and she soon joined them.

"So this is it?" She asked and Harald looked down at her to give her a nod. She were a younger version of Harald and Halfdan. However her face was clear from any ink that her older brothers had but her body was the canvas instead. Her brothers had been slightly impressed when they had seen the large ink on her back.

People who met her couldn't believe that she shared blood with her older brothers. She was just as ruthless yet had something called a gentle hand, which her brothers didn't have. Her skills in battle was just as impressive as her brothers since they had taught her at a young age. Her brothers had more of an evil side than her, usual never seemingly bothered by torture which she could raise her brows at.

Both Harald and Halfdan always kept an eye on her, often taking turns during battles to supervise her. Harald's best shield maidens and warriors surrounding her to keep her safe at all times. She was never alone, much to her distaste. Even if Y/n knew how protecting they were she couldn't help sneaking away every once in a while. Her rebellious moments in life had caused the death of many innocent lives. The warriors and shield maidens who had failed to supervise her had either ended up dead or severely injured from countless of hours of torture.

It was an honor between Harald's army to be chosen to supervise Y/n even if everyone knew the consequences of failing. If you succeeded it would mean higher chances of future opportunities. If failing, to have two hands or to have a beating heart was a privilege. A horn blew as they got closer and they could see people hurrying to the shore, curiosity filling their eyes. Neither gripping their swords or other protection since the ships were familiar from Harald and Halfdan's earlier visit.

Harald stepped onto the dock first, followed by Halfdan. On the dock stood a bald man with a beard and piercing blue eyes. Beside him stood a tall man, broad shoulders, long blond hair in a braid and equally blue eyes. Y/n could see Harald speaking to the blue eyed men as Halfdan turned to her to hold his hand out. When Harald and the men looked at her she ignored Halfdan's hand and stepped onto the dock by herself.

"Ragnar and Björn, this is our sister Y/n and she will be join us to Frankia." Harald said and Y/n smiled. Ragnar and his son let his eyes travel over her body but Ragnar's eyes met hers quicker than Björn which got noticed by Harald and Halfdan who clenched their jaws tightly.