THE SWEDISH QUEEN

The wind blew in Y/N's braided hair as she stood in front of the large ship, a salty and fishy smell lingered in the air

The wind blew in Y/N's braided hair as she stood in front of the large ship, a salty and fishy smell lingered in the air. A loud horn blew and was audible miles away and she could see curious people gathering by the dock where already a large amount of boats were docked. Even if she didn't want to admit it she could feel nerves growing in her stomach and she made sure her leathered clothing looked presentable. Y/N had sailed from Sweden to Rogaland in Norway to meet with the King Harald Finehair. The word about his ambition and success had got to her ears and she had been intrigued.

Y/N had quite a large kingdom in Sweden yet still small in comparison to the total area of the country, she had the south and she wanted more of it. She knew she had to get more warriors and the ambitious Harald Finehair might be her solution to a larger kingdom at home. Two of her shield maidens stood slightly behind her on either side, her two closest commanders excluding Erik who was settled on another boat. Her two shield maidens Freja and Siv scrunched their noses in disgust when they saw the unhygienic bloody dock and the kingdom's inhabitants that was covered in fish blood. However Y/N's eyes was fixated on the large whale skeleton by the dock.

Without hesitating she stepped onto the dock, Siv and Freja following close behind and giving the people stern looks as they passed. Y/N stopped in front of a man and a woman, both taking a small step back when they met her eyes.

"Where's you king?" Y/N spoke, voice soft as the flowers petals yet filled with determination and authority. She raised a brow when neither answered before looking at the other people by the dock. Her own army docked their ships yet remained in the boats to await further orders from their commander.

"The main hall my lady." A servant spoke and Y/N smiled at her.

"Please..." Y/N said and her voice faded as she frowned.

"Dagny." The woman spoke and Y/N smiled.

"Please Dagny, can you do me the favor and lead the way?" Y/N asked kindly and Dagny nodded with a curtsey. Y/N only let her eyes roam the others as she followed Dagny further into the village of Rogaland. She could almost hear the thoughts of her shield maidens, the judgement oozed from them which made her bite her lip to prevent a smile to spread across her lips. Dagny soon stopped in front of a large wooden building, large doors was open and smoke left the chimney on the roof. "This is it?" Y/N asked and Dagny nodded.

"It is my lady." Dagny answered.

"Thank you Dagny." Y/N said and smiled at the young woman who nodded with a curtsey before leaving. Y/N let her eyes roam the building as she took a deep breath to calm her nerves. She had heard a lot about the King, a little less about a certain brother however she didn't know what she would be facing. She didn't know if the man was old young, healthy or breathing his last breaths. With confident steps she walked towards the building, her shield maidens never being less than a step away from her. Siv and Freja let their hands hang freely by their sides yet both women were ready to pull their swords or daggers at the first sign of their Queen in danger.