HVITSERK'S MISTRESS

When the third youngest son of Ragnar Lothbrok found a woman to marry it shocked all of Kattegat

When the third youngest son of Ragnar Lothbrok found a woman to marry it shocked all of Kattegat. No one had ever imagined Hvitserk Ragnarsson to marry a woman, everyone being used to him warming different women's bed each and every night. His wife, Ylva, was a beautiful woman with a tall, skinny body and long blond hair. Her blue eyes shimmered like the stars in the night when she looked at her husband. She came from privilege, she was the daughter of an earl and met Hvitserk and his brothers as they looked for allied companions.

Hvitserk was smitten by Ylva, both physically and attracted to her persona. He worshipped her, always making sure she felt comfortable and happy. He was always by her side and only kept his eyes on her. Other women didn't exist. Until one night when a large feast was held in the great hall. He was seated next to his wife who kept speaking to Margrethe opposite them next to Ubbe. Intoxicated from the mead in his cup and the fighting with his wife over not getting pregnant had taken a toll on him and their marriage. He still sat with his hand rested on the back of her seat yet his eyes started to roam the room like they had been doing so many times before he had met Ylva.

He felt annoyed when Ylva played happy by the table. Her hand was resting on his lap yet it wasn't affecting him. Only the words they had been shouting at each other before the arrived to celebrate King Harald's return to Kattegat echoed in his head.

Ylva had accused him of being less of a man since she hadn't gotten pregnant after such a long time of being intimate. She had yelled at him for being embarrassed whenever her parents or friends asked if they were expecting. She had told him that he had promised her everything. Riches, children and safety, according to her she wasn't given anything. A new side had been seen from her. They had argued, fúcked, then argued again before joining the rest in the great hall.

Hvitserk's eyes lingered on the different women in the room, feeling like a young teen once again and letting his teeth sink into his bottom lip. Ylva didn't seem to be bothered since she didn't pay attention to her husband. She was too busy with making sure their current situation didn't look as bad as is was. A sadness present on her face as Ubbe and Margrethes son ran up to them while giggling. Ubbe who had been caressing his wife's bump all night ruffled his son's hair before he took off again with Björn's sons.

Then there she stood, timidly in the corner with a cup of mead in her hands. Hvitserk had seen her before, he knew her name was Y/N and that she was a shield maiden. He knew she was shy, not as outspoken and attention seeking as the other shield maidens who took place. She kept to herself and blushed when spoken to. They had spoken a few times and lately they had started to flirt. Hvitserk's interest had grown towards her.

Even if she wasn't interested in any of the men who walked past her she blushed when they looked her way. Not used to the attention. She enjoyed to sit by herself and she had small amount of friends. She enjoyed to walk around the forest, to practice by herself with the bow and to bathe in the smaller lake in the forest. She was self conscious, knowing her body didn't look like the rest. She had some pale stretch marks from herself growing and she had an average body. Yet somehow she had reeled the third youngest son of Ragnar Lothbrok in. His blue eyes had travelled over her slightly shorter body over and over. Eyes had followed every curve that her leather clad body had without her noticing.