NO WOMAN?

Sigurd clenched his jaw as he moved the cup of mead closer to his lips before taking a large gulp

Sigurd clenched his jaw as he moved the cup of mead closer to his lips before taking a large gulp. Silence engulfed the sons of Ragnar, Margrethe, Erika, Torvi, Fiona and his mother the Queen. Ivar had tried to crawl under the skin of his brother but Sigurd didn't listen. He was deeply in his thoughts. His eyes never leaving his plate to see the rest of them eating and conversation to the minimal. Aslaug looked at his son with a faint smile.

"So tell me brother when are we going to meet your woman?" Ivar asked, a sinister smirk spreading across his lips and Sigurd clenched his fist around the cup, almost breaking it. Ubbe shot his youngest brother a glare and so did Aslaug. Ivar only gave them an innocent look back. Erika who was sitting beside him also glared at her fiancée. "I'm not blind brother, the chair next to you has been empty for a while... always empty when I think about it." Ivar continued.

"Ivar." Ubbe warned.

"Have you found anyone?" Aslaug soon asked and Sigurd continued ot stare at his plate of food as he clenched his jaw.

"I've been busy." Sigurd mumbled and Ivar laughed out loud.

"With what brother?" Ivar asked and Erika glared at him and so did his brothers as well, except for Sigurd who continued to stare at his plate.

"Why do you sound so damn proud of yourself cripple? At least I haven't scared my woman to death to make her marry me." Sigurd said as he stormed off. Throwing his cup somewhere in the room. Ubbe glared at his youngest brother before following Sigurd.

"Brother!" Ubbe yelled as he followed Sigurd who walked towards the dock in a fast pace. Sigurd didn't listen, instead he kept walking. Ubbe started to pick up his pace to keep up with him. "Brother—"

"What Ubbe?! Are you going to pat me on my back and tell me it's nothing to be the only son of Ragnar without a wife to be?" Sigurd growled and Ubbe let out a sigh as he followed Sigurd to the edge of the dock. Sigurd crossed his arms over his chest as he glared at the ocean. Ubbe walked up to stand beside him.

"Don't listen to Ivar, you've never done it before so why start now?" Ubbe asked and Sigurd snorted.

"He's right! I'm a failure all of you have someone! Björn has Torvi and kids. You got Margrethe, Hvitserk got Fiona and even that cripple bastard got Erika!" Sigurd said and Ubbe rolled his eyes. "That cripple sadistic thing is soon getting married with a woman. You know what he did to your wife then can the gods tell me how it's possible he's got a woman of his own!" He continued and raised his voice.

"You've got women brother! What about that chick you slept with a few days ago?" Ubbe asked and Sigurd groaned.

"Someone mother sent my way!" Sigurd growled and Ubbe looked at him. "I'm worse than Ivar, relying on mother to find a wife, is that something the son of Ragnar has to do?!" He continued and Ubbe rolled his eyes.

"Stop thinking about what Ivar thinks, stop caring about the ones mother sends your way and for the love of the gods stop waste you energy on being Ragnar Lothbroks son!" Ubbe said and Sigurd snorted again. "Do that and look for what you want in your own pace." He continued as he patted Sigurd on his shoulder before walking away. Sigurd glared at the water and let out a sigh.