Witnesses

-Emma POV-

Harry explained to us what Hazel was doing that Isla would run away from and tell the Volturi. She thinks my daughter will be a threat.

The next day we found out that Alice and Jasper left. They left a note thought saying the war will begin when the snow sticks to the ground and to gather as many witnesses as we can. I look at the letter and see it has been ripped out of somewhere, like maybe a book.

Ej, Harry, Hazel and I took a trip to Alaska to talk to our cousins, Tanya, Eleazar, Kate and Carmen. When we arrive they are all at the front of their house. Ej tells us to stay here and he gets out of the car.

"Ej is everything alright?" asks Carmen. "Why didn't you tell us you were coming?"

"Is it Isla? Have you heard from her?" asks Kate.

"Not directly" Ej replies.

"Why is your bride waiting in the car?" Eleazar asks.

"And why have you bought a wolf with you? I can smell him from here" Kate says.

"My family is in danger, I need your help" Ej says.

"Whats happened?" asks Carmen.

"Its hard to explain"

Ej turns to us in the car to signal for us to come out.

"Its time to meet some new people" I tell Hazel.

"What if they don't like me?" She says.

"They'll love you, they just don't understand you yet" Harry smiles.

We get out of the car and everybody stands back in shock.

"Is that an immortal child?!" Tanya says.

Kate touches Ej and electricity flows through his body. I use my vampire speed and Kate's electricity stops.

"She has blood in her veins! You can feel her warmth" Ej says

"I can feel it" says Carmen

"I'm her biological father, Emma is her mother"

"Impossible" says Kate.

"I had her while I was still human" I explain. "She can show you"

Harry picks up Hazel and brings her over to us. Using her witch powers, four little purple balls go to their heads, showing her memories.

"Amazing" Eleazar said.

They agreed to be witnesses so we went home and found more people staying. They are Carlisle's friends. One guy named Ben had a vampire gift, he could use all the elements. It was incredible. Two girls Kebi and Zafrina were able to change what we can see.

It was a bit difficult though because we couldn't let them hunt for humans, so they are eating animal blood instead. There were two kind of creepy Dracula vampires though, Vladimir and Stefan.

"Ej, you never told me your wife had a distraction defensive gift." Eleazar says

"A distraction gift?" I question.

Turns out the reason no one could do their powers on me is because I have a distraction gift which is where I can pretty much make them lose concentration. My talent will defiantly help if we go into war with the Volturi. I've been practising and I have been getting better and better. Thanks to Kate of course torturing my husband.

"There's sweet music here that" I say to Hazel, telling her a story "softer falls then petals from blown roses on the grass. Or night dews on still water between walls, of shadowy granite in a gleaming pass"

I see that she has fallen asleep so I kiss Hazel's forehead and turn of the light.

"Mum?" Hazel says.

"Yes."

"Did Uncle Jasper and Aunt Alice run away because we are going to die?"

"No baby, I think they left to keep us safe. I won't let anyone hurt you"

I walk out of the room and grab Bella to come with me to the bookshelf. I told her that the note came from a book, Bella finds it and inside there is an address. They knew that Bella and I would find it because Ej and Edward can't read our minds.