Chapter 2 - And the party goes on...

It wasn't long before my nerves returned. The excitement that had previously engulfed me earlier, had diminished as I began to think about Kyle and Rachel again. The knowledge that they were just in the room next door was not at all comforting.

"Hello, are you even listening?" Crystal asked as she waved her pale, dainty hands in front of my face.

I was so caught up in my own situation with Kyle, that I hadn't even remembered that this was supposed to be her night.

The dress that she wore, screamed Crystal. It was red, with a bow that sat just below her chest area. It was a beautiful satin material that fell to just above her knees and fit to perfection. Every curve in her body was exposed, which, knowing Crystal was the exact reason that she would have chosen it. She of course had on red, matching heels with a silver diamanté buckle. She also wore a three piece, silver jewellery set that matched nicely with the buckle on her shoes. Her silky blonde hair was tied up tonight, which, I suspect was cleverly thought out when considering the style of her dangly earrings. All in all she definitely looked like the birthday girl.

"Sorry, I was just daydreaming," I replied, now giving her my undivided attention.

"Number one, daydreaming is for the day, not the evening and number two, I hope that your daydream had nothing to do with Kyle?" She asked as she glared at me with her bright, green eyes.

Instead of answering, I let out a big sigh and slumped myself onto the counter. Instantly I felt a pair of hands pull me right back up.

"Well stop, it has taken me weeks to get my best friend back and I am not about to let you, let him, ruin you again. April, this is an order, stay away from Kyle," she demanded as she stared directly into my eyes, causing a feeling of discomfort to come over me.

"Ok," I mumbled back, feeling rather sorry for myself.

I knew that what she was saying was right but my heart was telling me a completely different story. 

Suddenly a girl stumbled into the kitchen, singing a song that was completely unrecognisable to the human ear.

"He...y Aaaa....dddeeeennn," she slurred as she moved towards him. I couldn't help but laugh as I watched him attempt to dodge the kiss that she was trying to plant onto his lips.

"Who the hell has been supplying people with alcohol? Mom is going to freak!" Crystal growled as she stomped over to the intoxicated girl.

"Who is she?" Aiden asked in a state of shock.

"Hayley, I think it's time for you to go home," Crystal said gently as she tried to help her to stand upright.

"Hooooommmme?" She began to shout as she lost her balance and stumbled head first into Crystal's chest.

"Yes, home!" Crystal shouted as she pushed the girl away from her in disgust.

"Do you know this chick?" Aiden asked with a still shocked look spread across his face.

"Yeah, her name's Hayley Gardener, she's in my chemistry class. Believe it or not, she's a straight A student," I said as I allowed a quiet giggle to escape my mouth.

"Wow," he replied.

"Ok, I'm going to help you outside now. Who did-"

Suddenly Crystal was interrupted as Hayley began to throw up all over the kitchen floor.

"You have got to be kidding me! Mom is going to kill us Aiden!" Crystal screamed with a completely serious face.

It took everything I had not to laugh at the whole situation. I hadn't been out in weeks and to tell you the truth, it was nice to just laugh and loosen up, even if it was just for a couple of minutes.