Chapter 12 - In love?

As I stared down at the text on my phone, all I could do was smile. Maybe this night would be better than I thought after all.

I sat, staring at the screen for about twenty five minutes, wondering whether I should say anything back.

Did I even need to say anything back?

I don't know but reading it over and over again was putting the biggest smile on my face.

I couldn't explain why but with Aiden my stomach just did backflips. Even if I just heard his name. He would get me so mad and then completely turn it around in just a second. It sounds cheesy but he made me so happy. As I continued to get lost in my thoughts, my phone suddenly vibrated in my hand.

Are you just going to sit there smiling at the screen or actually reply?

I burst out laughing.

"What are you laughing at?" Crystal questioned.

Damn, I forgot that they were still in the room.

"Oh, just a joke message that someone sent me," I replied.

"Oh, ok," she said without taking her eyes off of the TV.

I would be forever in debt to A Cinderella Story for distracting her so much, that I actually managed to get away with that lie. Realising that both her eyes were still glued to the TV, I quickly began to type.

Who said that I was smiling?

I quickly clicked send and kept my eyes on the screen, excitedly waiting for a reply.

The gap in the living room door

Huh?

I quickly swung my head around and spotted Aiden watching me through the gap of the living room door. Unfortunately in my speed, I had slipped off of the edge of the chair and fell straight onto my butt.

"Ouch," I yelped as I watched Aiden, throw his hand over his mouth in a bid not to laugh.

"Oh gosh are you ok?" Cayce asked as I gave Aiden a sarcastic smile.

"Yeah I'm fine," I said as I quickly lifted myself up, off the floor.

"Good," she said before reverting her eyes back to the screen. Aiden gestured for me to come out of the room with his hand.

"Does anyone want a drink?" I asked as I walked towards the door.

"No thanks," they both answered as though I was becoming a nuisance.

"Ok, I'll be back in a bit," I added. They both ignored me of course.

As I stepped out of the door, I closed it behind me and hit Aiden in the arm.

"What was that for?" He asked as he continued to laugh and rub his arm.

"It was for laughing and making me fall," I replied as a smile filled my lips.

"Hey, that was not my fault," he said as we walked into the kitchen, closing the door behind us.

"It was too. What was you doing spying on me, anyway?" I asked sarcastically.

"Well you can't really spy in your own house, it's kind of my duty to watch everything that goes on," he said as a smirk spread across his face.

"Oh is that right?" I added as I walked towards the fridge and took out a can of Pepsi, Aiden's favourite. I opened it and took a small sip.