Chapter 29 - We all have secrets...

This is not yet edited so sorry for any mistakes :) x

READ COMMENT AT END TO FIND OUT ALL ABOUT CONTEST

Chapter 29 - We all have secrets...

"Hey wait!" I heard Jess shout from behind me.

I kept walking, I had to find Crystal and quickly and I didn't have time to waste.

"Not now Jess!" I shouted as I continued to walk.

I didn't intend to sound harsh but right now my head was all over the place. Rachel has done some things over the time but even this was an all new low for even her. I couldn't believe it. How could I be so stupid?! I believed that Rachel wanted to actually make peace with me, it just goes to show how nieve I really am.

"April, please just hang on," Jess said as she finally caught up with me.

"What?" I snapped as I turned round to face her.

"I just wanted to make sure that you were ok?" She asked in a soft voice.

"Let's see...I've been humiliated yet again by Rachel, lost my best friend and probably my boyfriend too, so yeah I'm on top of the world!" I said before turning back around in search of Crystal.

"Look I know you're upset and I just wanted to make sure-"

"Make sure what? What? What exactly did you want to make sure Jess mmm?"

"I don't know...Just-"

"Exactly, you're just wasting my time!"

"I wanted to apologise-"

"Apologise for what-" suddenly it hit me. As I stood there standing and staring at her face I knew exactly what was happening. How I hadn't known before was beyond me.

"It was you wasn't it?!" I asked through gritted teeth.

"Just let me explain-"

"No! I asked you not to say anything and you promised that you wouldn't!" I growled as I stopped walking and took a step closer to her.

"You told Crystal didn't you?" I asked as a feeling of hurt washed through me.

"No, she asked me but I didn't tell her-"

"You're a liar! I trusted you and you betrayed me. Just leave me alone!" I said before storming off in the direction of Murphy's front door.

"What's going on baby?" I heard Anthony ask as Jess' sobs filled the atmosphere. I didn't care that she was upset, she had betrayed me and right now I wasn't in a forgiving mood.

My breath was suddenly taken as I spotted Crystal sat on the bonnet of a car looking in the opposite direction to the house.

I took a deep breath and approached her cautiously. I had no idea what was about to happen but I knew that I couldn't lose my best friend, not like this.

 "Crystal?" I half whispered as I came to a stand still beside the blue car that she was sat on.

She didn't answer, instead she just sat staring into space. I could tell that she had been crying and I felt heart broken that it was because of me. I gently joined her on the bonnet of the car and looked up at the stars in the sky. 

We sat in silence for what felt like an eternity before she finally broke the silence.

"You're in love with him, aren't you?" She asked. I hadn't expected her to say this, I was waiting for her to start screaming and get mad and I was completely caught off guard.