Chapter 27 - Unexpected events

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: (SURPRISE INFO IN HERE)

Firstly sorry for the long upload, I never usually take that long but my life has been super crazy lately and I've struggled for time and then got writers block but I'm back and can say that the next chapter is coming VERY soon and has some wonderful things happening in it that I'm sure you guys are going to love! Ok so I mentioned a SURPRISE.....I will soon be holding a competion on here (details will follow soon) and the winner of that competion is going to get a free copy of the paperback version of PRETEND as soon as it comes out remember the novel version will have 3 extra chapters and an epilogue (5 years later) in it!!! I hope that excites you guys as much as it does me!!! :) Also a huge thank you for all the positive comments and messages that you have all been sending me, it's so beautiful and I still read every single comment...they are amazing! Also dedicated this chapter to my awesome friend LPInTheEnd to say welcome back to wattpad I have missed you!!!! Ok and on with the story....

Chapter 27 - Unexpected events

"So," I said as Aiden started up the car engine with a smile on his face.

"So what?" He replied with a smirk on his face.

"So, what is this surprise?" I asked eagerly.

"I told you that I'm not telling you," he said as he let out a small laugh.

"Yeah but I can still act surprised when I get there, no one will know that I know except for you and me," I said as I batted my eyelashes at him and smiled.

"No beautiful, you can wait," he said as he continued to smile.

"Fine, I'll remember to say that next time that you ask for a kiss," I said sarcastically.

"April, have you ever known me to ask for a kiss?" He said as he burst out laughing.

"Oh be quiet," I said playfully as I kept looking out of the window.

He was right, he never asked and the funny thing was that I liked that he didn't.

"So, are you still planning to tell Crystal tomorrow?" He said, interrupting my day dreaming.

"Yeah, at some point. I'm trying to syke myself up," I replied as I remembered how scared I was to tell her.

"Are you sure that you don't want me to be there when you tell her?"

"No I really have to do it alone. I'm her best friend and I want her to know that I respect her. I just don't want her to hate me for it or think that it will change our friendship," I said in a sad tone.

"Now's probably the best time to tell her, whilst she's distracted by lover boy," he replied with a smile on his face.

"Yeah you're probably right. Her and Cameron seem pretty good together, don't they?"

"Yeah. I got to admit that I like the guy".

"Me too," I said as I began to smile at him.

"Right, let's go," he said as he pulled up outside of Murphy's house.

I honestly have never seen a house as big as Murphy's before, it's like something that you'd see on cribs. Everytime he holds a party here I swear it gets just that little bit bigger.

As I felt Aiden's fingers slip inbetween mine, I turned to face him with a smile on my face.

"Erm...I don't think that I'll need to explain anything to Crystal if we walk in like this," I said as I gestured towards our interlinked fingers.

"Sorry, I forgot. I just can't wait to be able to do this without having to hide it," he said as he looked at me with a serious face.

"I know, me too and after tomorrow we will, I promise," I said as I gave him a soft kiss on the lips.