Chapter 14 - What a night!

April's POV -

"You ok?" Jake asked, after we had been driving in silence for about ten minutes.

"Yeah, I suppose," I mumbled.

"Do you want to talk or just forget that tonight even happened?" He asked with a gentle smile on his face.

"Forget," I said as I smiled back at him.

"Cool," he said, smiling back at me.

"Thanks for what you did by the way. I didn't know who else to call and I was glad that you came".

"Me too and it was my pleasure," he said.

For the first time tonight, I actually felt peaceful. After all of the arguing and fighting, I just needed some time out to think. I still can't believe that Kyle kissed me, I have no idea what the hell he was thinking. Then Aiden just appears out of nowhere, like some crazy guy. When I watched them trying to score points against each other with me, I just felt used. They actually had no idea how similar they were. Calling Jake to come and get me was weird but I knew that he wouldn't ask any questions and lets face it, who else could I call? My mom? I think not.

"Here we go," Jake said, interrupting my thoughts.

"That was quick, thanks," I muttered.

"No problem. Look, if you still want to we can meet up tomorrow and chill out, if you want?" He asked.

I didn't but I could hardly say no after what he had just done for me.

"Yeah, ok," I finally said.

"Great, so I'll pick you up around seven?" He asked eagerly.

"Yeah, seven's great," I replied, trying to sound enthusiastic.

"See you later Jake and thanks again".

"No problem," he said before watching me walk towards my front door.

I slipped my key into my front door, waved at Jake one last time and then walked inside of my house.

What a day.

I sighed as I felt a vibration in my pocket. What now?

I looked down at the screen and wasn't surprised when I saw his name.

Kyle's POV -

"Hope you're happy now!" I said through gritted teeth.

"Get lost," Aiden said as he jumped into his stupid, silver mustang and drove off.

I was angry as hell! If that jerk hadn't come charging like that, then I know that I could have talked April round. She can deny that she felt something but I know that she did. She kissed me back for at least thirty seconds before she pushed me away, that tells me all that I need to know. I know that she's trying to fight it because of what I did but I know that she still feels something, I've just got to keep showing her.

Giving up wasn't something that I did and if that moron, Aiden thinks that I'm going to back down, then he can think again. She might feel something for him but she loves me and he better get that through that thick skull of his.

I only just realised how much my nose was throbbing, if that jerk thinks that this is over then he has another thing coming. I needed to drive off some of this anger, so I jumped into the driver's seat of my Audi and started to cruise down the road.

As my speed increased, I started to think about that dude in the red truck. I knew that he was one of moron's friends but what I didn't understand was why he came to get April.