1.6: In Which He Does Something Stupid

A/N: If you're enjoying this story please give it a vote! :)

     Thanks for reading!

--

     Fury, anger, and rage ran through his veins. 

     The beast inside of him feels it too; he roars, howls, and snarls to be released but somehow, 254 manages to keep him contained.

     Barely.

     Bloodied fingers curl against the metal door, ears straining for anything.

     C'mon, baby.

     You're stronger than this.

     He'd been forced to listening to them hurt her over and over again but her screams and begging – not to mention, insults – were no more with the last impact of her body against the ground.

     She was too far away, just out of reach of his super hearing so for a few moments, when Doctor Archelm didn't utter a word and he couldn't hear air fill her lungs, 254 had thought her dead.

      A wave of lonely had instantly washed over him, quickly followed by seething anger, and disbelief – they'd really killed a subject? - and pity for her to have lost her life after fighting so damn hard to keep it.

      God dammit, baby.

     You didn't deserve to go like that.

     But then, oh god, then Archelm finally spoke.

     "She has a pulse." Relief can be heard underneath his accent. "Tell-" he sighs heavily, borderline regretful. "-Tell Doctor Arkson we need him, urgently."

      One of the guards immediately radio the other Doctor.

     It doesn't take more than two minutes for him to bust through the door, and 254 holds his breath as he waits to find out anything about how she is.

     "What the hell have you done?!" Doctor Frank Arkson growls heavily. "You were meant to test her abilities, not almost kill her!"

     "I...I..." There's a small exhale. "I didn't mean for it to go this far," he spits the words as if admitting he'd done wrong pained him.

     And hell – knowing Doctor Archelm it probably did.

     "Get a stretcher. I want her in the MRI right fucking now!" Arkson demands. "You're a idiot, Archelm."

     "Do not forget who you're talking to, Frank."

     –

     Brain swelling.

     Induced coma.

     The words repeat in 254's head.

     Shit, baby, he really did a number on you, huh?

     He can't sit down.

     Feels fucking useless being trapped in this god damn room.

     Three times.

     Three fucking times he'd had to listen to her scream, cry, and beg because of them.

     The first being when they injected her with the serum.

     The second time when she woke up and they began their tests.

     The third listening to them throw her off that god damn scaffold.