BONUS CHAPTER: Valentines day

"What are you doing?" 391 asks from her bed, trying to hide the disgust in her voice.

He was playing with his food. She supposes that, yeah, she was a bit of a Princess and stuff like germs made her wanna gag but come on he was a grown man!

"You'll see." He wouldn't let her see the plate. If she looked close enough, she'd be able to see the tip of his tongue poking out between his lips as he concentrated.

"If you're planning on eating that still, I hope you washed your hands after you pee'd."

He snorts and throws her a fond look. He'd grown used to her hatred for germs while living in the same room as her. Sure, it made him wanna strangle her sometimes - okay a lot of the time - but he still found it cute.

Not so perfect after all, huh, Princess?

The Beast snarls in disagreement, angry he could consider their mate anything but perfect.

Cool it, bud. Just means she's human, is all.

Finally, he was finished. "There we go." Standing up, he strides over to her bed and tilts the plate so she can see his art work. "Happy Valentines day, baby."

She melts, suddenly feel guilty at her attitude. "Aww. It's a heart. Made from mash potatoes." How the fuck can someone go through everything he has and still be so adorable and sweet? She takes the plate from him, smiling. Then she frowns. "I didn't make you anything," she tells him, feeling guilty for a whole other reason. "I didn't even know-"

Aw - baby looks so sad.

The Beast isn't happy with him. How dare he make his mate upset! The gift was supposed to bring her joy!

Oh shut it for a moment, would ya?

"It's fine, baby girl, I didn't expect anything - I overheard 'em talking during my exam and thought fuck it," he shrugs. Sitting next to her, he brushes a hand down her hair. "Don't be sad. Kinda voids the whole point of this." He nudges her shoulder playfully.

She giggles with a small sniff. "Thank you. I really do like it." Suddenly she freezes, turning towards him with wide eyes. "Oh god - you don't want me to eat it, do you? I mean, you've touched it with your hands and-"

He pulls her towards him so he can press a kiss to her head, chuckling. "Don't ever change, baby."