1.16: In Which She Feels Jealousy

391 would be lying if she said sleeping with 254 next to her didn't make the experience a whole lot easier.

     Every night since her nightmare they'd shared a bed. Sometimes his, sometimes hers. She found herself dropping off easier with the warmth of his body, in the protective circle of his strong arms.

     She couldn't imagine how he'd done this all on his own for so long. She didn't think she'd have survived it without him to help her through.

     At least he wasn't alone any more. They were a team now. She'd be there for him like he was for her.

     With feelings of warmth in her stomach, she smiled and snuggled deeper into his chest.

     "Mmm," he hums lazily into her hair, arms tightening around her. For someone who doesn't sleep, he sure did get drowsy while cuddling with her.

     "Mmm," she mirrors, rubbing a hand across his belly. Despite already seeing and feeling his abs, it still sends a wave of heat between her legs.

     He snorts. "Naughty girl."

     She bites her lip and giggles, hiding her face into his side. "I don't know what you mean."

     "Uh-huh." He doesn't believe her. He trails his fingers lightly up her waist. "You know, if you want I'll happily-" he pauses, body rigid.

     Play time over, she sits up, staring down at him. "What's wrong?"

     He sighs. "They're coming."

     She groans and lays back down, head on his arm. She blinks at the ceiling. "For you or me?"

     "You." And from the sound of his voice, he's not too happy about that.

      But she didn't mind. Better her than him. She really didn't like it when they took him. She imagines he must feel the same way about her. It was only natural, she guesses, to form a bond when they're both stuck in the same hell.

     She stayed next to him until they arrived.

     "Come 391." It was a new guard today.

     "Let me get changed," she sighs, sitting up.

     "No time," he grunts. "Come." He had a very heavy accent, and from the way he spoke, she figured he didn't know a whole lot of English.

      She shrugs. "Fine." If they wanted to deal with her morning breath, rats nest of hair, and admittedly, slight body odour, then so be it. She jumps up from the bed. "Let's go."

     –

      He takes her to the same room as before – the one with the glass separating her from Frank. The door locks behind her and she faces the glass.

      Unsurprisingly, Pencil Neck is there.

     Only this time, there's a female Doctor with him.

     391 takes a moment to look her over.

     She's around 30 with blonde hair and little too much make up. Her white coat matches Frank's only hers is revealing a lot more cleavage in her dusty blue button up blouse.

     391 recognises her but doesn't think she's been informally introduced.

      "Morning, 391," Frank greets.

     391 says nothing. 

     Frank continues. "This is Doctor Ashley. She is going to be doing your tests today."