1.15: In Which She Has A Nightmare

"Can I ask you a question?"

     254 glances over when he hears her speak. She's laying on her side facing him, hands tucked under her cheek. "Sure. S'long as you're not gonna ask if it was me who touched your panties. 'Cause I don't wanna have to lie to you."

     She didn't look angry. Only amused. "...Was it you?"

     He looks back at the ceiling and clears his throat. "...I don't want to have to lie to you."

     He's not even joking.

     It had been him.

     But, hey, you can't blame a man when she leaves 'em on the bottom of her bed, smelling freshly of her. He only had so much control with the Beast prowling in his head.

     And fuck had the Beast been begging him to do it. 254 can't put all the blame on him though - he'd wanted it just as bad. So like a perverted teenage boy he held the fabric to his nose and tossed himself off.

     She snorts and mumbles the word men under her breath. "No, that wasn't what I wanted to ask but I have a feeling I now know the answer to that question."

     He shrugs, only partially sorry.

     "That day, I got...attacked in the showers." she shudders in remembrance. "When I got back to the cell that day, you already knew what had happened." She licks her lips, eyes burning holes into the side of his head. "How?"

     He doesn't look at her. Stays quiet for a moment, trying to decide what to tell her. He thinks about lying. But, no, that's stupid because he can trust her. The only problem is whether or not that knowledge puts her in danger.

     254 inhales, weighing the possibilities before making his decision. "I have a few...abilities. I haven't told anyone about."

     "Oh?" She's intrigued.

     "I have superhuman hearing and sense of smell like a hound."

     Her lips part in realisation. "That's how you knew. You heard it happening." Her eyes widen. "And you always seemed to know what they were up to. It's because you listen to them talking..."

     He nods, glances at her. "Yeah. Only sometimes though. Think there's a sound proof room somewhere. Can't always hear 'em."

     "And they don't know about this?"

     "Nope. Best we keep it that way, yeah?"

     "Yeah," she agrees. "My lips are sealed."

     "Good."

     "Another thing..."

     He closes his eyes. "Mm?"

     "Your eyes...They change sometimes. Like mine do, I guess. Is that because of your abilities. Like mine?"

     "Y-yeah," he decides to agree, because it isn't exactly a lie. It is because of his ability. He'd long suspected the root of his powers came from the Beast. And when the Beast came a little too close to surface, his eyes changed.

     He wouldn't tell her about the Beast yet though. He can't imagine how he'd even begin to explain it.

     "So there's this thing inside of me, yeah? He's in my head almost constantly. I can barely control him. He's ruthless as fuck. Oh, and he's like a fucking horny blood hound and he'd really like to bend you over and fuck your brains out, sweetheart."

     The Beast rumbles in approval at 254's insight of him.

     254 rolls his eyes beneath the lids.