1.33: In Which She's Found

391's arms shake with the amount of force she holds 254 with. She clings to him, a small hiccup in the back of her throat. The way he squeezes her back and buries his head in her shoulder lets her know that the feeling is mutual.

     The thought of him missing her - not forgetting her - warms her and brings a fresh flood of tears to her eyes. 

     He came running when I called...her insides flutter...He'd been looking for me, too.

     The guilt she feels for ever doubting him is quickly pushed aside by a particularly hard throb down there. 

     Shit. I'm still under the influence of that gas!

      254 takes a deep breath and freezes. He must have noticed it too. "Baby, you're-"

     "I know," she whimpers, pulling back slightly. His swirling eyes were red-rimmed, and a wet trail glistened on his cheek. Her heart twists as she wipes it away with her shaky thumb. "I need you..." she admits in a whisper. 

     I don't know how much longer I can hold out...

     His chest rumbles. The Beast was very close to the surface, wanting his own reunion with his mate. He wasn't happy either. He could smell another male on her and his instinct told him to replace that scent with his own, immediately. "God," he croaks out, feeling himself stiffen from her arousal which was so thick in the air he could taste it. "Baby, we can't - not here -" he struggles.

     "We don't have long," James interrupts. 

     391 jumps, not realising he was there. 254 grips her tighter, The Beast breaking through and snarling at the guard before 254 could stop him. 

     Males not allowed around mate in heat! The Beast growls in disapproval. 

     I'm not exactly happy about it either, buddy, 254 calms him before taking over. "Sorry," he tells James, voice rough. "He's possessive," he offers as an explanation. 

     James shakes his head. "It's alright, man. They gassed her already?"

     "Yes," 391 answers because she didn't like being talked about as if she wasn't there.

     "Dammit," he curses. "I didn't think they were doing that until tomorrow. I'm sorry." He appears genuinely upset. 

     "According to them, I'm ovulating early this month." She turns to 254, feeling like every pore in her body was producing sweat. Through gritted teeth, she tells him: "Either we get out of here - right now -  or I'm going to sit on your dick and take everything you've got until your balls are more dried up than the Sahara desert. Got it?" she pants. 

     254 stares at her with a mixture of fear and arousal, his lips moving as if he can't find the words to respond. "Uh..."

     She blushes, although she doubts it shows with her already flushed skin. "God, I'm so sorry. That was really crude and inappropriate." 

     James blinks before clearing his throat. "It's fine." He sounds awkward.

     254 manages to control The Beast and stop him from taking her there and then. Her words had been a challenge to him and he was determined to fuck that attitude out of her. "Come on," he helps her up, holding her close. "James, where's the exit?"

     "Wait!" she suddenly remembers. Oh god how did she almost forget?! "We can't leave without 81!"

     254 goes rigid, eyes flashing dangerously. "Baby, tread very carefully." Jealously, fury and rage ran through his veins, exacerbated ten-fold by The Beasts own fuel. 

      She cowers under his gaze, and for the first time, she almost feels afraid of him. "He's just as much of a victim as I am, handsome." She hesitantly cups his cheek. "I love you, 254. Not him. But he needs saving, too."

     "He's...had you." It wasn't a question.

     The hatred in his voice has her wincing, her hand dropping and eyes going to the blood strained floor. The crimson liquid had spread out, soaking both their feet and toes. Gross. How had she not noticed until now? She represses the urge to step away, not wanting 254 to think she was running from him. "I didn't want it," she holds in a sob, eyes stinging. "Neither did he. But we didn't have a choice..."

     "I'm sorry," James interrupted softly. "But we don't have much time."

     A hand grips the back of her neck, fingers curling possessively into her skin and damp hair. "I know," 254 exhales roughly. "I know you didn't. But I can't - I can't bear ," he works his jaw, barely containing his anger. "I can't see him, baby. I'd kill him." His eyes were crazed, spare hand clenched into a fist. "I wouldn't be able to stop."

    She hates that she's the reason he's so distressed. Her digits curl around the wrist brushing against her shoulder. "I understand," she says honestly. Had that glass not been between her and Doctor Ashley...she would have killed her. Their abilities come at a dark price. "But we can't leave him here."

     "James," 254 clears his throat; his fingers move to her chin, forcing her glassy eyes back up to his. He gives her a weak smile. "If you tell me how to get us out of here, can you get 81?"

     Her heart swells. It wasn't easy for him but he was doing it for her. She steps forward and hugs him, ignoring the sticky liquid coating the bottom of her feet. Her knees shake and she frowns, body suddenly feeling weak and sluggish. 

     James checks his watch. "I've got something I need to do but...I might have enough time."