Eighteen

"What is all this?!" I quickly withdrew from Fredricks' embrace, a little shock as to why and how he knew I was here.

"It's called hugging. Do you need to be educated on that?" I wanted to make him feel what I felt. Hurt.

Fredricks' stood in between us, trying to process the situation.

"Could you please give us a moment, Fredricks?" Nicholas asked.

"Anything for you, my friend."

He then turned to me, "I will see you later." He gave me a surprise kiss on the forehead and a final tell-me-what-happened-later glance. Meanwhile, Nicholas looked like he was going to burst any second. As soon as Fredricks left the room, I was once again left in a room filled with that familiar silence.

"How did you know I was here?" I burst.

"Camille and Christian were worried about you... I was worried about you," he spoke so softly that I could almost hardly catch what he was saying, "So I came looking for you."

Don't get me wrong, I would not be surprised if Camille and Christian were worried about me, but the fact that I made this guy was worried made this situation a lot more hilarious. "Ha! You're worried about me? Save your crocodile tears, Nicholas. I haven't handled as much bullshit in my life than I do with you."

Nicholas sighed, "look, I know what you wrote in that letter to Camille. And I truly apologize for my actions. I hope that you will come home with me."

Nicholas apologizing? Wow, that's a first.

"Come home with you?" I scoffed, "Then what? Back to the normal life where I must tolerate your repeated bullshit? I don't think so." I spat, "As far as I know, I am happy here and would like to keep it that way."

"You will come back with me and that is final!" Nicholas' spat, losing his patience. It was if his face was daring me to say no.

"No." I pronounced every letter loud and clear.

Immediately, Nicholas grabbed my hand and pushed through the library doors, storming towards the carriage at an incredible speed. It was as if he were dragging a dead body behind him.

"Let me go!" I pry my hand away from his, but only to fail miserably. I tried once again, this time using my other hand to grab a nearby wall, pushing whatever weight that I had towards that wall. Unfortunately, that did not stop him from grabbing both my hands and hoisting me up upon his shoulders.

"Let go of me, you bastard!" I kicked and punched him relentlessly, all of which to no avail.

"Abbey, what is going on?" Fredricks called out. Feeling extremely embarrassed of how unsightly I was, I instantly blushed at the sight of Fredricks' quizzical expression.

"I'm so sorry! I will come back as soon as I deal with this guy, okay?"

Just when Fredricks was about to acknowledge, Nicholas shouted, "She is not coming back!" Before exiting the mansion and throwing me into the carriage.

The ride back was silent. I could tell that Nicholas was stealing some glances at my way. In fact, there were moments when he gave signals like 'ahem' or a few coughs, hinting me to start a conversation. I didn't bother to look or argue with Nicholas. It just took too much energy. Besides, all that thrashing and struggling had exhausted me. I spent the rest of the way looking outside the window, trying to shut out his existence.

I gave an annoyed huff when the carriage pulled up at the entrance of the mansion.

Here I am. Back in this hell hole.